Making Math Merry – Fun Holiday IdeasAmber Brandt
We all know that following a recipe for holiday baking is a simple way to put math skills into practice with your kids (especially when you double or triple the recipe!), but here are some other clever ways to make math merry this month!
For kindergarten & elementary aged kids (or older ones who are willing to play along):
- Grab some dice and race Santa up the chimney!
- This amazing Gingerbread board game is 100% editable so you can add in appropriate-aged math problems of your choice.
- Create your own Christmas comic or story problems for your child to solve.
- Five math games to play with a deck of Uno cards.
- Download, print and cut these helpful Christmas-themed skip-counting puzzles.
- Fun Grinch-inspired math puzzles.
- Send Santa flying across the room with this balloon sleigh project made from household items.
- Check out the Christmaths Competition site for loads of fun holiday math challenges.
And finally, here are some YouTube videos combining math and Christmas!
- 2D Shpes with Santa
- Ten Frame to 20 Christmas Math
- The Math of the 12 Days of Christmas
- Number Blocks - How Many Sleeps Until Christmas?