Traditional School or Homeschool?
The decision between enrolling your child into a traditional school versus homeschooling can be difficult. It usually depends on the student and family's needs and preferences. Here at National Heritage Academies (NHA), we know how important this decision can be and want to help you and your family make the right decision. Keep reading to learn more about what an NHA-partner school education means for your child.
Traditional Schooling at National Hertiage Academies Provides:Emphasis on Values and Beliefs
- Our schools focus on developing the "whole" student through a Moral Focus approach.
- Our Moral Focus curriculum implements virtues in each school day.
- Virtues include: wisdom, respect, gratitude, self-control, perseverance, courage, encouragement, compassion, and integrity.
- Our educators that lead the learning process are thoroughly trained and certified, and continue their growth through professional development.
- They build strong relationships with their students and families.
- Our educators personalize instruction and set high expectations to ensure all of their students succeed.
- Our schools provide libraries and laboratories for students.
- Each student receives a Chromebook to enhance their learning.
- Our students are provided a rigorous college-prep education.
- Students receive a blend of one-on-one teaching, small group instruction, and independent work.
- We offer EXCEL-ERATE, a differentiated curriculum for our top-performing students who are ready to progress beyond their grade level.
- A study done by Stanford University reveals that our students outperform their peers from surrounding schools by a remarkable 3.5 months each year.
- Our educators incorporate hands-on and experiential learning in their lesson plans.
- Our students have the opportunity to participate in community service projects, field trips, and educational programs.
- Students develop their team-building skills by working in groups with other students.
- Students follow set schedules and expectations.
- Students learn to interact with diverse individuals.
- Students and school staff are provided safety training.
- Every school implements safety measures to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Bullying is not tolerated - students are to be kind and respectful at all times.
- Students interact with their peers in various ways, helping to foster social skills and relationships.
- Our schools offer a wide range of extracurricular activities that include both athletics and clubs.
Find a School
We have 100+ schools in 9 states. Find schools by zip code OR by state to learn more about us or schedule a tour!