Prevail Academy does not offer busing, so parents are expected to provide the means for their children to get to and from school. If you have questions about transportation, please call the school office at 586-783-0173.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Every school day begins and ends in our parking lot.
Drop-off and pick-up times can be hectic. But if we all work together, it can be a quick and efficient experience. If you would like to speak with one of the teachers, please pull into a parking space, head to the office, and wait until after dismissal. Also, please remember to:
- Drive slowly and be aware — precious children are everywhere.
- Drop children off between 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Enter from the Cass Ave. entrance only.
- Be patient with fellow drivers.
- Stay off your cell phone.
Scholars should be dropped off between 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. There is no adult supervision available prior to 7:30 a.m. Any scholar dropped off prior to 7:30 a.m. must be enrolled in the before-school care program.
- To drop off your child/children, enter the driveway closest to Rose St, proceed through the back of the parking lot to the playground side, and exit from the west side of the school.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off their children outside of the drop-off zone. The drop-off zone is along the sidewalk that runs across the entrance to the building and along the side of the playground.
- Parents are also permitted to park in the Prevail Academy parking lot and walk their child into school utilizing 1 of the 2 crosswalks in the parking lot.
Prevail Academy Dismissal Plan
Dismissal begins at 3:15 p.m. All children should be picked up no later than 3:30 p.m. After-care is available (for a fee) through an after-care program if parents are not able to pick up their child(ren) by this time.
Parents are asked to follow the below dismissal plan:
- To minimize traffic backups, parents are encouraged to remain in their vehicles instead of parking.
- Parents are directed to enter the driveway closest to Rose St and form 2 lines. Proceed through to the back of the parking lot when the two lines will merge into one line. Follow the traffic pattern to the playground side. Your dismissal number will be called by a member of the staff in the lot.
- Continue to pull up in the line as traffic moves until your child is loaded into the vehicle.
- After you have your scholar(s), continue to follow the traffic pattern and exit from the west side of the school.
- Scholars should enter and exit vehicles from the passenger side only.
- If you park in the Prevail Academy parking lot to pick up your child from the building, you will enter the exterior gym doors. Your scholar(s) will be called to the gym and you will exit back through the exterior gym doors.
- If you are walking in the parking lot, parents and scholars must utilize one of the two crosswalks in the parking lot.