Skip to main content

Accepted Student FAQ

Do you have a child who was recently accepted to an NHA school in Wisconsin? Read below for answers to frequently asked questions about what comes next.

What do I need to do to confirm my child’s seat?

To hold your student’s seat, provide the information and forms bolded below. The remaining forms allow us to ensure student safety and well-being and accurate reporting, so we ask that you fill those out as soon as possible. Please refer to the deadline provided in communications in order to secure your child’s seat. All information and forms can be submitted online via the Parent Portal.

Important paperwork needed to enroll:
  • Admissions Form
  • ​Official Release of Records
  • ​Proof of Residency
  • Attendance Expectation Form
  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Directory & Media Opt Out Form
  • ​Emergency Contact Information
  • ​Home Language Questionnaire
  • Most Recent Immunization Records
  • Lunch Forms
  • Parent Occupational Survey
  • ​Student Device Agreement
  • Student Residency Questionnaire
  • Transportation Permission Form
  • Parent Volunteer Form (optional)
  • Medication Administration Form (only children with medications)

Note on Birth Certificates: The school will make a photocopy for their files, returning the original to you. A certified copy can be obtained at the County Clerk’s Office in the county in which your child was born (photocopy, hospital, or footprint copy is not acceptable).

ADDITIONAL FORMS: Before the first day of school, additional forms may be requested.

Can I submit a proof of residency, birth certificate, and immunization records through the Parent Portal?

Securing your child’s personal data is important to us. For your convenience, you can securely upload documents from theForms page on the Parent Portal. As always, these documents can also be brought into the school office. Please note, the original birth certificate must be presented to the school and should not be submitted online. For security reasons, we ask that you not email proof of residency, birth certificates or immunization records.

For more detailed instructions on uploading documents, take a look at the video below.

What happens if I can’t complete the paperwork by the deadline?

We understand that life happens! If you have a circumstance that prevents you from turning in the paperwork by the deadline, please contact the school office and set up an alternate date. If we don’t hear from you or you don’t make the new deadline, your student may lose the seat. You will need to reapply if you change your mind.

Do I have to complete a release of records if my child hasn’t attended school previously?

Yes, there’s a place on the form to indicate your student has not yet attended school. The Official Release of Records is necessary for all new students and is one of the required documents to save their seats.

My child has been accepted to multiple schools managed by National Heritage Academies. Will enrollment paperwork transfer to each school?

No. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but all schools managed by National Heritage Academies are individual entities and separate paperwork must be completed for each school. Use the Parent Portal to complete forms online and save time.

What documents are acceptable as a proof of residency?

Acceptable proof of residency documents must be dated and include the parent/guardian’s name. The following documents may be used and must support the current address we have on file:

  • Mortgage and rent payment receipts, or
  • Lease Agreement, or
  • Gas, Water, Electric Bill

What if I cannot find my child’s birth certificate?

An original birth certificate is required upon entry to the school. A new birth certificate can be requested through the county office in which your child was born. The VitalCheck website is another resource for ordering a new birth certificate online.

What if my child’s immunizations are not up to date?

Updated or in-progress immunizations are needed for your child to start school. Check with your doctor’s office or the local health department on the most current requirements and immunization programs.

What if my child has an IEP or 504 Plan?

In order to best serve your child in a timely manner, please provide a copy of the most recent IEP or 504 Plan with enrollment paperwork. A request for the official IEP or 504 Plan will also be made to your child’s previous school, but in some cases transfer of files between schools can be slow and we want to provide services to your student as soon as possible.

When can I complete lunch forms (Free and Reduced Lunch forms or HIS forms)?

These forms will be ready for you on July 1.

What do I do after I’ve completed all enrollment paperwork for my child?

There’s lots you can to do ensure your student has a successful transition! Please check the school’s website and/or Facebook page for upcoming events. Mark your calendar and plan to attend orientation. Just a note: additional paperwork may be communicated to you prior to your child’s first day.

Now that my child’s been accepted, do I need to re-apply each year?

Once your child has attended our school, he/she will become officially enrolled and will remain eligible to be re-enrolled at the school for successive years without having to re-apply. You will be asked to provide a re-enrollment decision to indicate your intent to return for the subsequent school year.

What if my child cannot come the first day of school, but we still want the seat?

Please be sure to communicate with the school office any time your student will be absent, even for the first day of school! Otherwise, if your student is absent without notification on the first day, the school may remove your child from the roster and give that seat to the next child on the waiting list.

How do I report an absence on the first day school?

To report an excused absence, please do one of the following:
  • Call or email the school by 9:00 a.m. on the first day of school; or
  • Write a letter to the school (must be received before the first day of school).
  • If you are unable to contact the school, call 877-642-7471. If your child does not show up on the first day of school and does not have an excused absence, his/her seat will be forfeited.

What if I move or change my contact information?

Email and phone number changes can easily be done through the Parent Portal. Address changes must be done in person at the school office and a new proof of residency must be provided. An updated Student Residency Questionnaire must also be completed. Important to note: if we are unable to contact you using the information you provided, we may remove your child’s name from the school’s accepted list.