Accepted Student FAQs
Do you have a child who was recently accepted to an NHA school in Colorado? Read below for answers to frequently asked questions about what comes next.
What do I need to do to confirm my child’s seat?All you need to do to hold your student’s seat is fill provide the information and forms bolded below. The remaining forms allow us to ensure student safety and well-being and accurate reporting, so we ask that you fill those out as soon as possible. Please refer to the deadline provided in communications in order to secure your child’s seat.
Important paperwork needed to enroll:
- Admissions Form
- Official Release of Records
- Proof of Residency
- Attendance Expectation Form
- Original Birth Certificate
- Directory and Photo/Video Authorization
- Emergency Contact Information
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Most Recent Immunization Records
- Lunch Forms
- Student Device Agreement
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Transportation Permission Form
- Parent Volunteer Form (optional)
- Medication Administration Form (only children with medications)
*At Mountain View Academy, a Parent I.D. and District 49 Enrollment Form is also required for registration.
Note on Birth Certificates: The school will make a photocopy for their files, returning the original to you. A certified copy can be obtained at the County Clerk’s Office in the county in which your child was born (photocopy, hospital, or footprint copy is not acceptable).
ADDITIONAL FORMS: Before the first day of school, additional forms may be requested.
What happens if I can’t complete the paperwork by the deadline?We understand that life happens! If you have a circumstance that prevents you from turning in the paperwork by the deadline, please contact the school office and set up an alternate date. If we don’t hear from you or you don’t make the new deadline, your student may lose the seat. You will need to reapply if you change your mind.
Do I have to complete a release of records if my child hasn’t attended school previously?Yes, there’s a place on the form to indicate your student has not yet attended school. The Official Release of Records is necessary for all new students and is one of the required documents to save their seats.
My child has been accepted to multiple schools managed by National Heritage Academies. Will enrollment paperwork transfer to each school?
No. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but all schools managed by National Heritage Academies are individual entities and separate paperwork must be completed for each school. Use the Parent Portal to complete forms online and save time.
What documents are acceptable as a proof of residency?
Acceptable proof of residency documents must be dated and include the parent/guardian’s name. The following documents may be used as acceptable proof of residence documents in order to support the current address contained on the school application:
Home Owners (one original of the following):
- Warranty Deed, Deed of Trust or Bill of Sale
- Purchase Contract with Possession Date
- Property tax bill
- Homeowner’s Insurance Bill
- Current Utility Bill (both portions-gas, electricity, water, cable or internet)
Renters/Leasers (One original of the following):
- Current signed lease or rental agreement
- Current utility bill (both portions-gas, electricity, water, cable or internet)
- Renter insurance bill
If living with another family (both of the following):
- Notarized Co-Resident Registration Form (Foundations/Landmark) or letter (Mountain View)
- Proof of address from the owner (see documents listed under Home Owner above) or confirmation of address change (Mountain View)
Can I submit a proof of residency, birth certificate, and immunization records through the Parent Portal?Securing your child’s personal data is important to us. For your convenience, you can securely upload documents from the Forms page on the Parent Portal. When submitting documents online, please include your child's name in the file's name. As always, these documents can also be brought into the school office. For security reasons, we ask that you not email proof of residency, birth certificates or immunization records.
For more detailed instructions on uploading documents, take a look at the video below.