- High School Diploma – 1-year substitute authorization.
- Bachelor’s Degree – 3-year and 5-year substitute authorization.
- Completed 48 credit hours (as evidenced by transcripts); or · Associate degree or higher (as evidenced by transcripts); or
- Passing scores on ETS Parapro(460) or
- WorkKeys Exams (Math – 4, Reading for Information – 4, Writing – 3); or
- Valid CO teaching license
- High School Diploma. Individuals that hold a high school diploma shall not work in any one classroom more than ten (10) consecutive days.
- Associates degree or higher (evidence is an official transcript); or
- 60 semester hours completed (evidence is an official transcript); or
- assing score (250) on the GACE paraprofessional assessment
- High School Diploma. Applicant must apply for permit through LVIS
- Any teaching licenses; or
- 48 college credits (evidence is an unofficial transcript); or
- Passing scores on ETS Para Praxis exam (Reading 176, Writing 172, Math 175 or total 460).
- Minimum 48 semester hours and 21 years of age.
- ETS Parapro Exam (450 or higher); or · Official transcripts showing a minimum of 48 semester hours with 3 credit hours of English Composition, 6 credit hours of English/Reading, and 6 credit hours of Math; or
- Official transcripts showing an Associate Degree or higher.
- Cannot accept ACT WorkKeys® any longer.
- Unofficial transcripts showing a minimum of 60 semester hours from a 2-year or 4-year US regionally accredited institution earning a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Unofficial transcripts with a minimum of 60 semester hours; or
- Valid MI Teaching Certificate; or · ETS Parapro Assessment - A passing score of 460 is required · College Board SAT – Evidence based reading and writing-480, mathematics 530 on or after 3/5/16. Discontinued Para Tests and Dates Title I Paraprofessional Requirements. Workkeys is acceptable if taken prior to 6/1/2017.
- Minimum 48 semester hours or WorkKeys assessment.
- Official transcripts with a minimum of 48 semester hours; or
- Passing score for ACT WorkKeys (Applied Math 4, Workplace Documents 4, Business Writing 3); or
- Associates degree or higher.
- New York does not issue Substitute teacher permits.
- High School Diploma – no more than 40 days by a school district in a school year.
- Teaching Certificate – if more than 40 days, should be employed in area that they are certified in Working Towards Certification (6 semester hrs/year) – if more than 40 days, should be employed in the area for which they are seeking certification.
- See: Substitute Guidance.
- Completion of 48 semester hours; or
- Passed the NY State Assessment of Teaching Assistant Skills (095)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate must apply for licensure.
- Valid Educational Aide Permit with ESEA endorsement:
- Passing score on ParaPro Exam (456); or
- 48 Semester hours from accredited institution
- Associates Degree or higher.
- Candidates apply for the license on their own (must provide official transcripts to DPI) and must go through a training program before license is issued. License must be issued (or pending application in ELO) before candidate can begin employment.
- Minimum of 48 credit hours; or Associate degree or higher (official transcripts); or Passing scores on one of the following assessments:
- ETS (460 or higher)
- WorkKeys exam (Applied Mathematics:4, Reading for Information:4, Writing/Business Writing:3, Instructional Support Inventory:3)
- ParaEducator Master Teacher (assessment 1- Instructional Support: 65%, assessment 2 Content and Application: 70%)