Georgia Teacher Licensure
Applications for renewal may be submitted as early as October 1st of the calendar year prior to the expiration date of the certificate. If you are employed by National Heritage Academies, your certificate must be renewed electronically by your employing district. If you have additional questions, please contact your Credentialing Consultant.
Alternative Teacher Certification
What are the requirements?
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher
- A passing score on the GACE Program Admission Assessment, or exemption
- Induction level or higher passing score on the appropriate GACE content area
- A passing score on the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
- Must be hired as an educator by a Georgia Local Unit of Administration (LUA)
- Must apply to the Gtapp program
For more details on this information click here and scroll to Pathway 4
Where can I apply?
- You can apply for your license through your organization
Georgia Alternative Permits GaTapp FAQ's - Click Here
Looking for additional information? Contact a Credentialing Consultant
Georgia Teacher Certification
Use the tabs below to locate information regarding Georgia's certifications, licenses, and permits:
Department of Education FAQ's - Click Here
Alternative Permits Available - Click Here
Renewing your Certification - Click Here
Cost Related to Certifications - There are typically no costs related to certifications in Georgia
Reciprocity - Click Here
To visit the Georgia Professional Standards Commission Website - Click Here