A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
Color & TypeBright green* (preferred - see below), white or gray short or long-sleeved polo
Vendor*Bright green polos purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (EST).
Cold WeatherMay include sweaters or vests that are solid navy, black, or gray.
All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.)
Add’lShirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
ColorsNavy blue or khaki
TypeConservative dress pants (slacks), jumpers, dresses, or skirts
Add’lTights which may only be worn under an appropriate length dress/skirt must be solid white or navy.
Bottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
A belt must be worn with all pants and shorts.
Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
Not AllowedDenim/blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery.
Carpenter loops or stripes.
Hair & Hygiene
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, Mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.). Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, or closed toed sandals, must be worn
- Shoe colors may be navy, black or brown
- Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes)
- All tennis or athletic shoes, including those worn for physical education, must be at least 90 percent black with zero fluorescent color
- Black athletic shoes worn for physical education also need to have non-marking soles
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms
- For girls in grades K-5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch
- For girls in grades 6-8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches
- Girls: A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion) -Only ears may be pierced
Not AllowedHats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
Dark glasses or any distracting jewelry.
Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs - Plain only.
Shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok).
MiscellaneousView our 2018-19 Uniform Packet
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.
Not AllowedOverly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership.