To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a professional, effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instructional time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
White, red, or navy blue
Long or short sleeves with flip-over collars (includes polos, turtlenecks, button downs, and mock turtlenecks)
Shirts must be tucked into bottoms at all times
May not be more than one size larger than the student's actual size
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Hats may be worn only to and from school for protection from the weather
- Bandanas, scarves, and other similar items are not permitted
- Shoes should be clean and in good repair without lights, wheels, music, etc
- Platform shoes (i.e., soles higher than one inch), open-toe/back shoes are not permitted
- Laces must be tied and Velcro must be closed at all times
- Boots may be worn only as outdoor footwear
- Students must wear socks (or tights for girls) at all times - Socks must be red, white, blue, brown, or black.
- Students may wear red, white, blue, brown or black pant style leggings
- Thigh-highs and decorative socks are not permitted
- Jewelry is not permitted at school except stud earrings and wristwatches
- Rings, bracelets, and necklaces may not be worn during regular school hours
Pants, Skirts, and ShortsPants
- Solid-colored navy blue or khaki
- Must be straight-legged with no excess/cargo pockets - (Patch style pockets are acceptable)
- Examples of unacceptable pants are: denim, cargo, nylon (wind suit), zip-off (lower part of the leg detaches from the upper part), baggy style, jogging pants.
- Belts are required (may be leather, leather-like, plastic, or cloth) - belts may not have large buckles, metal studs, decorations, beads, etc.
Shorts, Capris, Skirts, Skorts, Jumpers, Dresses
- During warm weather, students may wear solid-colored shorts that are navy blue or khaki
- Students will not be permitted to remain indoors during cooler weather because they have chosen to wear shorts or bottoms other than pants
- Girls may wear solid-colored skirts, skorts, jumpers, capri pants, and dresses that are navy blue or khaki
- These items must be longer than the student’s fingertips when her arms hang straight at her sides
- Because playground equipment is above ground level, girls should wear modest shorts under skirts, jumpers, and dresses
- Students may wear solid-colored sweaters or fleece shirts that are red, white, or navy blue that do not have hoods (with long or short sleeves)
- Sweatshirts, coats, or other types of outerwear may not substitute as a sweater or fleece shirt
Hair & Hygiene
- Hair must be clean, neat, and of natural colors