The Board Meeting Notices notify the public of any special, rescheduled, or canceled Board meetings for the current school year, including public Board meetings being held via electronic means.
Our dress code at Vanderbilt is flexible, affordable, and designed to encourage success. With less distractions and competition, our scholars can focus better in school.
Shirts/Tops & General Guidelines
- Clothes must be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times - See-through, sheer, lace, fishnet, and clothing with holes are prohibited
- Halter tops, off the shoulder/low cut tops, muscle shirts, swimwear, and shirts that expose the midriff may not be worn
- Clothing must be worn as intended by designer - Clothing must stay up or on appropriately
- Students shall give proper attention to cleanliness and neatness of dress
- Pajamas are not allowed at school
- Clothing, accessories, and jewelry which contain inappropriate symbols, signs, or slogans are prohibited, including slurs which may degrade on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sex, disability, or sexual orientation and/or impose a threat or disruption
- Clothing or accessories that contain language or symbols supporting sex, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or gang association are not permitted
Hats & Accessories
- Hats/hoodies are not to be worn in the building unless the student is given permission due to medical reasons
- Shoes must cover toes and heel
- Slippers, high heels/wedges are not permitted
- Proper shoes must be worn for gym class
- Facial piercings are not allowed
Pants, Skirts, and Shorts
- Shorts/skirts and dresses must be as long as the longest finger when hands are placed to the student’s side and shoulders are relaxed
- Shorts/Skirts of appropriate length are acceptable with leggings (4th-8th grade)
- Athletic pants are allowable (4th-8th grade)
Hair & Hygiene
- Extreme makeup and extreme hairstyles are not permitted - includes all over, bright/unnatural hair colors or mohawks
Any form of gang activity is not allowed at school. Wearing clothing, jewelry, or tattoos that are related to gang membership or writing graffiti within the school that is related to gang membership are grounds for suspension from school.
Students appearing on school grounds in violation of the dress code will be counseled and given appropriate clothes to wear for the remainder of the school day. Students will not be allowed to call home to have appropriate clothing brought to them. The purpose of this is to limit the time students are missing instruction.