Our dress code at Queen's Grant is flexible, affordable, and designed to encourage success. With less distractions and competition, our scholars can focus better in school.
ColorsWhite, light blue, or navy
Burgundy optional for middle school
TypeShirts with collars and sleeves including: mock turtlenecks, long or short sleeved, cotton or knit
Cold WeatherSolid color navy, white, light blue, or burgundy crew-neck, v-neck sweaters, sweater vests, and cardigan sweaters may be worn over collared uniform shirts.
Sweatshirts and jackets are not permitted inside the building, except for Queen’s Grant logo sweatshirts, fleece jackets, and pullover jackets.
Middle School: Navy Queen's Grant sweatshirts are permitted. First or last name may be added to the sweatshirt. (Nicknames or other symbols or slogans are not permitted).
Add’lShirts must be tucked in at all times.
No more than two top buttons may be unbuttoned.
Undershirts, camisoles, and brassieres must be solid white (boys and girls) or skin tone (girls).
Coaches may require Middle School boy athletes to wear dress shirts and ties on game days - Shirts and ties must be uniform colors.
Hair & Hygiene
Students’ hair must be kept neat and clean and should not obstruct their vision during class.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
ColorsNavy or khaki
TypeUniform style pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers
Add’lAll bottoms must be no less than two inches above the top of the knees.
Solid color belts in black, navy or brown and free of ornamentation must be worn with bottoms that have belt loops.
Cargo pants, if purchased from S’cool Outfitters, are allowed - must have the Queen’s Grant logo.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Brown, black, navy, or burgundy shoes, loafer type or casual dress, with heels no higher than one inch must be worn
- Shoes must be closed-toed and closed-heeled
- Solid color white, brown, navy, or black athletic/tennis shoes are permitted
- Shoes must be tied at all times
- Shoelaces must be white, black, brown or navy to match the shoes
- Solid color white, black, khaki, or navy socks must be worn
- Socks must be tall enough to be seen at all times
- Girls may wear white or navy tights
- Middle School girls may wear pantyhose with dress shoes
- Girls only: No more than two pairs of earrings are permitted - Only ears may be pierced
- Middle School girls: Light makeup is permitted
Earrings and other body piercing ornaments for boys.
Makeup for girls in K-5.
Hats or head scarves of any kind.
- Queen’s Grant PE uniforms are optional and may be worn all day on PE days
- PE uniforms consist of t-shirt, shorts, sweatshirt, and sweatpants
- Both top and bottom must be worn
- Students may not wear PE uniform t-shirt with regular dress code pants
- PE uniforms are purchased from a vendor through the school
Jeans DayEach month, students are permitted to wear jeans and college or Queen’s Grant shirts for $1 each.
All money collected from these special days is donated to a predetermined charity or other worthy cause.
- Denim jeans, skirts, jumpers, etc. are acceptable - Leggings are not permitted
- College shirts may be jerseys, t-shirts, or sweatshirts
- Queen’s Grant shirts may be "Invest in a Child" t-shirts, any Queen’s Grant field trip-related shirt, K-Team t-shirts, or other Queen’s Grant shirt
- Regular dress code shoes must be worn unless otherwise specified
Occasionally, students may be rewarded with a Go NUTS, or No Uniform to School day. On these days, students may wear clothing of their choice that is appropriate in nature. Items not permitted include inappropriate/offensive language/pictures on shirts, spaghetti straps, tank tops, midriffs, halter tops, pajamas, etc. Shorts/skirts, etc. must fall no less than two inches above the knees.
In all cases, the principal is the sole determiner of dress code adherence. The dress code may be altered on special days as approved by the principal. If further clarification of the dress code is needed, please contact the school office for assistance.