Food Services During School Closure
Following the state’s approval process, Peak Charter Academy is unfortunately not able to provide food services at our school campus during the emergency closure period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please know, we are committed to providing alternatives to ensure students maintain a healthy and nutritious diet, even when they are away from our building.
- Research Triangle Charter Academy, 2418 Ellis Rd, Durham, NC 27703.
- Contact your school leader for specifics on the food pick up location on the nearby school’s campus.
- Families may pick up meals from our school between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, while supplies last. Please know, we will provide food for weekend days at that time.
Families will be allowed to pick up items and take them home for student consumption. Students do not need to be present in order for parents to receive their child(s) meals. Families are not allowed to enter the school building beyond the main lobby.
Please see our non-discrimination information below.
Food distribution will be provided for families of enrolled students at the school as well as students ages 0-18 in the community beginning Thursday, March 19. If meal supplies run out at your school, families may try to receive meals at another nearby NHA location (if meals are still available).
- Research Triangle Charter Academy will offer up to two meals per day for every child.
- Research Triangle will provide meals for up to three days for households at one time.
- Children do not have to be present with their parents for food pick up.
- Families will not be allowed to enter the building past the established pick-up location.
Breakfast meals will be a shelf-stable product, such as cereal, and lunch meals will be frozen, similar to in-school lunches. Click here for reheating instructions. Shelf-stable lunch meals will be provided when the product is available.