A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
ColorsK-5: Bright green* (preferred - see below) or white
6-8: Medium-shade heather gray* (preferred - see below) or white
TypeShort or long-sleeved polo
Cold WeatherMay include light jackets, fleece jackets, sweaters or vests that are solid navy in color and are free of any designs or writing.
Small manufacturer logos that are 2 inches or less in diameter are approved.
Add’lShirts and undershirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (worn under uniform tops) must be white, with no visible logos or writing.
Long‐sleeved undershirts may not be worn with short‐sleeved uniform tops.
*Bright green and medium-shade heather gray polos purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (EST).
StyleDress or chino‐style shorts, skorts, skirts, pants or jumpers
Add’lMust fit appropriately (not tight, baggy, saggy, or revealing).
Bottom hem of skirts or jumpers must rest at least 1” past the end of the student’s fingertips when their arms hang loosely at their sides.
Solid‐color black, navy blue, or brown belt with no designs or embellishments must be worn with all pants and shorts (belt loops may not be removed to avoid wearing belts).
Not AllowedPatterns or embellishments.
Carpenter, corduroy, cargo, Capri, denim or athletic styles.
Hair & HygieneStudents' hair must be kept neat and clean, and should not obstruct their vision during class.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Outerwear such as winter, rain or heavy jackets, hats, mittens, scarves, and rain or snow boots should be worn as outerwear only (not in classrooms)
- Closed‐toed, and close‐backed, shoes must be worn at all times
- Sneakers, loafers, dress shoes and leather boat shoes may be worn as long as they do not blink, light up, make noise, include any built‐in toys or games, or have any wheels or slides built in
- For the safety of our students, the heel height of any shoes should not exceed 2"
- All shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped, as designed)
- Lace‐up athletic shoes, with non‐marking soles, should always be worn when students have P.E. class
- Socks and tights must be solid black, grey, brown, navy or white
- Students may wear one stud earring in each ear, and the studs need to be ¼ of an inch in diameter, or less
- Students should limit other jewelry worn at school
- Only natural nails with pale color nail painting may be worn at school
Tattoos or writing on skin
Hooded sweatshirts, jackets, hats, or dark glasses (indoors)
Piercings other than one stud in each ear (see above)
Embellished nails or colored nails beyond single pale color
Peak Charter Academy families can purchase school spirit wear by clicking on the links below.
- All merchandise will be shipped to the office on the 21st of each month.
- The last day to submit an order for shipping is the 14th of each month.
- Orders after the 14th will carry over to the following month.
- All shirts and sweatshirts will be screen printed with the mascot and text and jackets will be embroidered with the "PEAK CHARTER ACADEMY" text only.