A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
- Sleeveless shirts or blouses, tank tops, muscle shirts, flared or bell sleeves, shirts or blouses with lace or zippers, see-through or sheer shirts, and pajama tops are not permitted.
- Shirts must fit properly; they may not be too tight or loose, and buttons should not pull or gape.
- T-shirts may be worn only as undershirts and must be tucked into pants. Students may wear navy blue, black, white or brown sweaters or Scholar’s sweatshirts over collared shirts. Sweaters may have small logos, may be zip or button up, and may not have a hood. Sweaters and sweatshirts must be worn over collared shirts.
- Students may not wear ponchos, hooded sweatshirts, or jackets while in class.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Students must wear BLACK pants. (We are shifting to BLACK for the upcoming school year.)
- Pants must fit appropriately and may not be too tight or too loose. Pants must fit at the waist and may not be worn below the waist. Belts must be worn as needed and may be required as a
consequence for scholars who consistently wear pants below the waist.
- The bottoms of pants may not drag on the ground.
- Jeans of any color, sweatpants, nylon or wind-breaker pants, zip-offs, drawstring pants, low-riders, and hip huggers are not permitted.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be BLACK.
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts should fit at the waist and may be no shorter than two inches above the knees. This rule applies to slits in skirts.
- It is recommended that girls wear shorts underneath skirts, especially for recess time.
- Shoes with wheels are not permitted.
- All other shoes are permitted unless causing distraction to the learning environment.
Administration has the right to determine if shoes are a distraction and prohibit them as needed.
- Students must wear royal blue collared shirts. Polo shirts with the school logo are available for purchase through the school office.
- Students must wear lime green collared shirts. Polo shirts with the school logo are available for purchase through the main office.
- Students must wear white, gray, or black polos or white, gray or black button-down shirts with theirblack pants. Polos and button downs with the school logo will be available for purchase through the main office. 8th grade students will have the opportunity to earn ties, scarves and sweaters of different colors to signify academic, athletic and moral focus accomplishments.