A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
- White, light blue, or navy shirts with collars must be worn (includes mock turtleneck, long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit).
- Students may wear either khaki or navy blue bottoms.
- Shoes: Students may wear black, blue, brown or white dress shoes or a solid black or white tennis shoe. The soles of the tennis shoe must match the color of the tennis shoe. They must be closed toe shoes. Winter boots are not allowed to be worn during the school day. Shoes are not to be higher than the ankle. (Croc style, sandals, flip flops, slipper-style shoes and wheelies are not permitted)
- Cold weather attire may include any solid-colored sweater. Sweaters may not have hoods.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones.
- Sweatpants and pants with elastic at the ankles are not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.