To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Students must wear solid-colored shirts that are RED, WHITE, or NAVY BLUE.
Shirts must have flip-over collars and sleeves (long or short). (Examples of acceptable shirt styles include polos, turtlenecks, button downs, and mock turtlenecks.)
Shirts must be long enough to remain tucked into bottoms at all times; however, they may not be more than one size larger than the student’s actual size.
Students may wear solid-colored sweaters or fleece shirts that are RED, WHITE, or NAVY BLUE that do not have hoods (with long or short sleeves).
Sweatshirts, coats, or other types of outerwear may not substitute as a sweater or fleece shirt.
Students must wear solid-colored pants that are NAVY BLUE or KHAKI.
Pants must be straight-legged with no excess/cargo pockets. (Patch style pockets are acceptable.) Examples of unacceptable pants are denim, cargo, nylon (wind suit), zip-off (lower part of the leg detaches from the upper part), baggy style, jogging pants.
Belts are required. Belts may be leather, leather-like, plastic, or cloth. They may not have large buckles, metal studs, decorations, beads, etc.
Shorts, Capri Pants, Skirts, Skorts, Jumpers, Dresses
Girls may wear solid-colored skirts, skorts, jumpers, capri pants, and dresses that are navy blue or khaki. These items must be longer than the student’s fingertips when her arms hang straight at her sides. Students will not be permitted to remain indoors during cooler weather because they have chosen to wear bottoms other than pants. Because playground equipment is above ground level, girls should wear modest shorts under skirts, jumpers, and dresses.
- Shoes should be clean and in good repair without lights, wheels, music, etc.
- Platform shoes (i.e., soles higher than one inch), open-toe/back shoes are not permitted.
- Laces must be tied and Velcro must be closed at all times.
- Boots may be worn only as outdoor footwear.
- Students must wear socks (or tights for girls) at all times. Socks must be red, white, blue, brown, or black.
- Students may wear red, white, blue, brown or black pant style leggings.
- Thigh-highs, decorative socks are not permitted.
- Hair must be clean, neat, and of natural colors.