Applying to Westfield Charter Academy
Open Enrollment and Lottery
Open EnrollmentOpen Enrollment for the upcoming school year begins on October 1st at 8:00 a.m. school’s local time and ends at 5:00 p.m. on November 30th. If more applications are received than there are seats available, a random selection Lottery will take place to determine which applicants are offered an available seat and determine the order of the Waiting List. If fewer applications have been received than there are seats available, all students will be accepted.
LotteryLottery is a random selection process to fill available seats for all grade levels. A Lottery is only held if the number of applications received during Open Enrollment is greater than the number of seats available in any grade level. Lotteries take place in December. Lottery information will be posted to the school calendar.
How our Lottery Works
Watch this short video to learn more about the Lottery process.
If your child is on the Waiting List, don’t be discouraged! Often, seats become available throughout the summer. We will continue to send you school information if your child is on the Waiting List.
Questions? Check out our Waiting List FAQ
We will contact you by mail and email if there is an available seat at our school for your child. Please keep your contact information up to date at our school. If we cannot get a hold of you by either means, your child’s seat may be forfeited.
Questions? Check out our Accepted Students FAQ
To hold your student’s seat, the items below must be completed by the deadline provided in acceptance communications. All forms can be completed or uploaded online via the Parent Portal.
- Admissions Form
- Official Release of Records
- Proof of Residency
- Attendance Expectations Form
- Birth Certificate (original certified copy)
- Directory and Photo/Video Authorization
- Emergency Contact Information
- Health Department Consent Form
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Immunization Records
- Lunch Forms (available after July 1)
- Student Device Agreement
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Transportation Permission Form
- Dental Health Screening (Young fives/kindergarten/first grade students only)
- Vision Screening (Young fives/kindergarten students only)
- High School Transcript (High School students only)
- Course Request Form (High School students only)
- Specialized Learning Form (High School students only)
- Volunteer Form (only completed if interested in volunteering at the school)
- Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Parent Volunteer Form (optional)
- Medication Administration Form (only children with medications)
The Parent Portal allows parents quick and easy access to their child's essential information. Watch our Parent Portal video and learn how to create an account or log in if you already have a Parent Portal account.Login
Find a School
We have 100+ schools in 9 states. Find schools by zip code OR by state to learn more about us or schedule a tour!