A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
ColorsK-5: Bright green* (preferred - see below) or white
6-8: White with navy/bright green custom tie*
TypeK-5: Short or long sleeve polo
6-8: Short or long sleeve dress shirt
Cold WeatherMay include sweaters or vests that are solid navy.
All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.).
Add’lGRADES 7-8 ONLY: Students must also wear a navy blue blazer on non-PE or non-spirit days.
Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
*Bright green polos and navy/bright green custom ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (EST).
ColorsK-5: Navy blue
7-8: Navy blue or khaki
TypeConservative pants (slacks), shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers
Add’lBottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
1st-8th grade: A solid black, navy blue, or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts.
Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
Not AllowedDenim/blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery.
Carpenter loops, stripes, or corduroy materials.
Hair & HygieneThe personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, Mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.) - at the discretion of the principal.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, tennis shoes, or closed toed sandals, must be worn
- Shoe colors may be navy, black or brown
- Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes)
- Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class
- Boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms
- Heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch
- Socks must be solid black, brown, navy or white and worn with shoes
- Tights must be solid white or navy
- Girls may have one earring in each ear and should be either a stud or small hoop earring
- Only natural nails and natural nail polish colors are permitted
- Middle school girls may wear light foundation
Not AllowedTattoos or writing on skin.
Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
Dark glasses or any distracting jewelry.
Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs - Plain only.
Shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok).
Makeup (including mascara, eye makeup, colored lipsticks, and glosses) or “fake” nails.
All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.