A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.
- Shirts must be a short- or long-sleeved polo.
- Bottoms must be blue jeans, khakis pants, blue jean shorts, or khakis shorts.
- Middle school students may also wear a long or short sleeve white dress shirt with a tie.
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, tennis shoes, or closed toed sandals must be worn. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class.
- Socks and/or tights must be a solid color.
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or vests that are a solid color. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.).
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be a solid color and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
- A solid black or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
- All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
- Dark glasses.
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
- Holes or rips in clothing, including ripped jeans.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- Belts with rhinestones, silver rings, studs or designs. Plain only.
- Extreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.). Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e., Nike, Reebok) are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or on the playgrounds.
- Makeup or “fake” nails.
- Pants and shorts must be conservative and blue jean or khaki. They may not have carpenter loops, or stripes. Corduroy bottoms are not permitted.
- Pants, shorts, Capri pants, jumpers, skirts and skorts must be blue jean or khaki.
- Bottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
- For girls in grades K-5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6-8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches.
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion). Only ears may be pierced.
- Only natural nails are permitted.