A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Any family in need of financial assistance to purchase school clothing may see the principal.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Short or long sleeved bright green (preferred) or white polo
6-8Short or long sleeved bright green (preferred) or white polo
May also wear a long or short sleeved white dress shirt with a tie
Striped shirts are not permitted, nor are other accessories such as multi-layered/multiple shirts, scarves, or wraps.
Manufacturer trademarks, if any, must be one inch or less in size.
Undershirts must be either white or the color of the student’s current top.
All tops must be tucked into bottoms.
Girls may not show cleavage.
Bright green polos and ties purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Hats, caps, bandanas, hair rollers/curlers, combs, plastic hair bags or nets, sweat bands and skull caps are not permitted
- Sweaters and jackets must match the dress code - They may not have hoods
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or vests that are solid navy - All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (stripes, wording, etc.)
- No jackets, hoodies, or vests are permitted to be worn after the child has arrived in his/her classroom
- Shoes must be brown or black
- Sneakers may be worn throughout the day by students in K–1 only when they have P.E. that day
- Students in grades 2–8 must bring their sneakers to school and only wear them just prior to and after P.E. After P.E. they must change back into their dress shoes
- Slippers, flip-flops, sweater shoes, Crocs, steel-toed boots or shoes, or other footwear that could be a safety hazard are prohibited
K-5Navy blue pleated or flat front pants (cotton, canvas, corduroy, linen, polyester, or twill)
Girls in K-5 may wear solid navy blue skirts and jumpers that are at least knee length
Navy blue knee length or longer shorts may be worn on warm weather days in September, October, and after Spring Break through the end of the school year (no cargo or jean shorts are permitted)
Add'lPants must be full length and fastened at the waist; sagging pants are not permitted.
Pants with loops require belts.
Leotards are not permitted under shorts or skirts.
Blue jeans, sweatpants, cargo, crop pants, and low-cut and/or low-rise pants are not permitted.
- Insignia on outerwear not related to school or to Southside is not permitted
- Revealing or provocative clothing is not permitted
- Attire that may be considered weapons (e.g. chair belts, wallet chains, etc.) are not permitted
- Chains and body piercing ornaments are prohibited
- Males may not wear earrings, and females may wear two (2) small earrings per ear - Earrings should be no larger than a quarter
- Any jewelry or similar artifact that is obscene or distracting may not be worn
- Necklaces, dog tags, and keys must be worn inside the shirt or sweater.
- Tattoos must be covered
- Sneakers with roller skates attached are not permitted
Uniform Information Packet
Please click here to view our 2017-18 uniform info
Hair & Hygiene
- Hair and facial hair must be neatly groomed
- Radical or distracting hair styles or color are not permitted
Students should be clean and neat when at school.