Applying to Sky Ranch Academy
Open Enrollment for the 2024-25 School Year Starts Oct. 1
We’re often asked, “When is the best time to apply to an NHA school?” The answer: During Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment for the 2024-25 school year starts Oct. 1 and ends Nov. 30 at 5 p.m. Check out this blog to clear up any confusion around this important “golden window” of time.What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment and Lottery
Open EnrollmentOpen Enrollment for the upcoming school year begins on October 1 at 8:00 a.m. school’s local time and ends at 5:00 p.m. on November 30. If more applications are received than there are seats available, a random selection lottery will take place to determine which applicants are offered an available seat and determine the order of the waiting list. If fewer applications have been received than there are seats available, all students will be accepted.
LotteryLottery is a random selection process to fill available seats for all grade levels. A lottery is only held if the number of applications received during Open Enrollment is greater than the number of seats available in any grade level. Lotteries take place in December. Lottery information will be posted to the school calendar.
How our Lottery Works
Watch this short video to learn more about the lottery process.
If your child is on the waiting list, don’t be discouraged! Often, seats become available throughout the summer. We will continue to send you school information if your child is on the waiting list.
Questions? Check out our Waiting List FAQ
We will contact you by mail and email if there is an available seat at our school for your child. Please keep your contact information up to date at our school. If we cannot get a hold of you by either means, your child’s seat may be forfeited.
Questions? Check out our Accepted Students FAQ
To register your student, provide the information and forms bolded below. These documents must be completed on or before the deadline provided in the acceptance communications in order to secure your child's seat.
Important paperwork needed to register:
- Admissions Form
- Official Release of Records
- Proof of Residency
- A Parent I.D. and District 49 Enrollment Form (Mountain View Academy only)
Additonal forms needed:
- Attendance Expectation Form
- Birth Certificate (original certified copy)
- A certified copy can be obtained at the County Clerk’s Office in the county in which your child was born (photocopy, hospital, or footprint copy is not acceptable).
- Directory & Media Opt Out Form
- Emergency Contact Information
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Immunization Records
- Please review Colorado's updated Immunization requirements here.
- Lunch Forms (available after July 1)
- Student Device Agreement
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Transportation Permission Form
- Volunteer Form (only complete if interested in volunteering at the school)
- Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan (if applicable)
All information and forms can be submitted online via the Parent Portal.
*Other forms may be requested before the first day of school.
The Parent Portal allows parents quick and easy access to their child's essential information. Watch our Parent Portal video and learn how to create an account or log in if you already have a Parent Portal account.Login
Find a School
We have 100+ schools in 9 states. Find schools by zip code OR by state to learn more about us or schedule a tour!