A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
ColorsBright green* (preferred - see below), white, navy or gray
TypeLong or short sleeved polo
Middle school students may wear white dress shirt w/ custom tie*
Cold WeatherMay include sweaters or vests that are solid navy, gray, white, or black.
All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.).
All jackets and outerwear must be placed in cubbies or lockers.
Add’lShirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white, navy or gray and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
Hair & HygieneThe personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme styles (at the discretion of the principal).
ColorsK-5: Navy blue or black
6-8: Navy blue, black, or khaki
TypePants (slacks), shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers
Add’lBottoms must be knee-length or longer.
A belt must be worn with all pants and shorts when appropriate.
Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
Due to developmental needs, young fives and kindergarten are not required to wear a belt.
Not AllowedDenim/blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, stripes, or decorative embroidery.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, tennis shoes, or closed toed sandals, must be worn
- Shoe colors may vary
- Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes)
- Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class
- Boots may be worn as outerwear during the winter and are highly encouraged not to be worn in the classroom due to getting damp in the rain or snow
- For girls in grades K–5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch
- For girls in grades 6–8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches
- Socks must be solid black, brown, white, or navy and worn with shoes
- Only ears may be pierced (girls only) - Earrings may not exceed one (1) inch
Not AllowedHats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts.
No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
Belts with rhinestones, silver rings, studs or designs - Plain only.
Shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e., Nike, Reebok).
Any distracting jewelry.
All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
The school administration reserves the right to the final approval of dress code attire.