A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
The Right Way to Dress
To enable students to reach high academic standards, we've put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Common Dress Issues
Sometimes when we're in a hurry we overlook some of the details. A few of the frequent issues include the color of socks, the type of shoes being worn, and non-approved pullovers and pants.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy. Uniform Store
- All shirts must be a short- or long-sleeve bright green polo. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information. Alternatively, a short- or long-sleeve white polo may be purchased at a manufacturer of your choice.
- Grades K-5 dress pants must be navy blue; grades 6-8 must be khaki.
- Grades 6-8 students may also wear a long- or short-sleeve white dress shirt with a navy/bright green tie. Girls wear a cross tie and boys wear a neck tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- All shirts worn under uniform shirts must be solid white.
- All students are expected to wear solid black, brown, navy, or burgundy loafers, casual dress shoes.
- All students may wear athletic shoes on the days they attend Physical Education class only. Athletic shoes are not permitted on other days.
- All footwear must be clean and free of distractions.
- Solid navy sweaters, over a collared uniform shirt. No hoods, stripes, logos, patterns or fur are permitted.
- All students wearing bottoms with belt loops must wear a solid black, brown, or navy belt and be free of any adornments.
- Hats of any kind are not permitted.
- White, navy, brown, and black socks (or tights for girls) must be worn.
- Leggings in black, white, navy, and brown are permitted under dresses or skirts and must come to the ankles.
- Hairstyles must be conservative; not covering the eyes and of natural tones. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair must be neat and clean.
- Visible markings, tattoos, or writing on the skin is not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Physical education uniforms are an option for grades K-6 and can be worn on a child’s PE day. The PE uniform consists of solid grey sweatpants or shorts with solid grey crew neck (long- or short- sleeved) t-shirts. Grey Reach t-shirts are permitted. Solid grey hoodless sweatshirts may also be worn.
- K-5 boys must wear navy pants or shorts. No cargo pockets allowed.
- 6-8 boys must wear khaki or grey colored dress pants or shorts. No cargo pockets allowed.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- K-5 girls must wear navy pants, skirts, skorts, jumpers, or Capri pants.
- 6-8 girls must wear khaki colored dress skirts, skorts, jumpers, or Capri pants. Leggings are not permitted unless worn under a dress or skirt.
- All bottoms must be no shorter than three inches above the knees.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced. Jewelry and accessories must be in good taste and are at the discretion of the leadership team.
- Conservative makeup is permitted. A student wearing makeup in a way that draws attention or distracts others will be asked to wash it off.
- Girls are not permitted to carry purses.
Dress Down Days
Dress down days will be held on Wednesday. If you buy or receive a dress down day ticket, you will only be permitted to redeem it on Wednesdays. On dress down days, the following are not permitted:
- Flip flops
- Spaghetti strap shirts
- Tank tops
- Dress boots
- Tight fitted jeans or pants
- Shirts with inappropriate writing