A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
Click here to view the 2018-19 uniform packet.
- Students in grades K-8 must wear a lime green or navy blue polo shirts with a collar or an Orion logo polo shirt. A lime green polo can be purchased through Image Builders. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.
- Sleeveless shirts or blouses, tank tops, muscle shirts, flared or bell sleeves, shirts or blouses with lace or zippers, see-through or sheer shirts, and pajama tops are not permitted.
- Shirts must fit properly; they may not be too tight or loose, and buttons should not pull or gape.
- T-shirts may be worn only as undershirts and must be tucked into pants.
- Students may wear navy blue, black, white or brown sweaters or Scholar’s sweatshirts over collared shirts.
- Students may not wear ponchos, hooded sweatshirts, jerseys or jackets during school hours.
- No grills (mouth pieces) are permitted.
- No writing on sweaters or sweatshirts is permitted.
- Shirts worn under the school shirt may not contain words and must be navy blue or white.
- No half sweaters or jackets are permitted. Instead, students may wear solid navy cardigan sweaters. Exposed undershirts are not permitted.
- Hats of any kind are not permitted. “Rags” are not to be worn.
- Students must wear white, navy or black socks (or tights for girls).
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Students must wear khaki pants.
- Pants must fit appropriately and may not be too tight or too loose. Pants must fit at the waist and may not be worn below the waist. Belts must be worn.
- Jeans of any color, sweatpants, nylon or wind-breaker pants, zip-offs, drawstring pants, low-riders, leggings as pants and hip huggers are not permitted.
- Shorts, skirts, and skorts, must be khaki.
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts should fit at the waist and may be no shorter than two inches above the knees. This rule applies to slits in skirts.
- It is recommended that girls wear shorts underneath skirts, especially for recess time.
- Shoes with wheels or flip flops are not permitted.
- Boys must wear khaki pants or shorts. Belts must be worn with pants or shorts that have belt loops. Shirts must stay tucked into pants or shorts at all times. Sagging pants are not permitted.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Girls must wear khaki, pants, skirts, and skorts, All bottoms must be either longer than the fingers when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than three inches above the knees. Belts must be worn with bottoms that have belt loops. Sagging pants are not permitted.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced. Body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Makeup is not permitted.