A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
Click here to view the 2018-19 Uniform Information Packet
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
- Dark glasses.
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- Belts with rhinestones, silver rings, studs or designs. Plain only.
- Extreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.). Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e. Nike, Reebok) are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots, or on the playgrounds.
- Makeup or "fake" nails.
- Pants and shorts must be both navy blue and conservative. They may not have carpenter loops or stripes. Corduroy or denim materials are not permitted.
- All shirts must be a short- or long-sleeved bright green polo. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Alternatively, a short- or long-sleeved white polo may be purchased at a manufacturer of your choice.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue.
- Middle school students may also wear a long- or short-sleeved white dress shirt with a navy/bright green tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged.
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, tennis shoes, or closed toed sandals, must be worn. Shoe colors may be navy, black, or brown. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class.
- Socks must be solid black, brown, navy, or white and worn with shoes.
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or vests that are solid navy. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.)
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
- A solid black, navy blue, or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
- All clothing must be sized properly so items are not overly baggy or tight.
- Pants, shorts, Capri pants, jumpers, skirts, and skorts must be navy blue.
- Bottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
- Tights must be solid white or navy. Footless leggings worn under skirts, shorts, or skorts are not permitted.
- For girls in grades K–5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6–8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches.
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion). Only ears may be pierced.
- Only natural nails are permitted.