A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
- Plain white or navy shirts with collars must be worn (includes mock turtleneck, long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit). No colored shirt under white uniform shirt.
- Students may wear either khaki or navy blue bottoms.
- Shoes: Must be solid color dress or athletic (gym) shoes. Dress shoes can be either white, black, navy, or brown. Athletic shoes can be either white or black. Shoes with wheels and sandals are not permitted. Boots are permitted as outerwear only.
- Belts: Plain navy, black, or khaki belts must be worn with clothing that has belt loops. No studs, rings, or designs on belts. Y5 and Kindergarten students are not required to wear a belt.
- Hoods are not permitted. Students may wear navy, gray, or white sweaters, vest, pullovers, or cardigans but they must be solid-color (navy, gray, white) and do not contain a hood. Students cannot wear coats or jackets in the classroom.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced and only stud earrings allowed.
- Jeans, sweatpants, and leggings are not permitted. Jeans are only allowed when it’s designated “dress down days” by the school. When wearing jeans, they must be a solid blue or black with no rips or tears. Pants that are tight-fitting or made of stretch material such as leggings are not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
Navy/dark blue or khaki/tan pants or shorts must be worn.
All shirts must be tucked into pants or shorts.
Solid color navy, black, white, or khaki socks must be worn.
Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
Navy/dark blue or khaki/tan pants, skirts, skorts, or jumpers must be worn. All bottoms must be either longer than the fingers when the student's arms hang at her sides or not more than three inches above the knee.
All shirts and blouses must be tucked into bottoms. Shirts or blouses that expose the student's back are not permitted.
Solid color navy, black, white, or khaki socks or tights must be worn.
Makeup is not permitted for elementary students.
- Black slacks/skirts/shorts.
- Plain red or black collared shirts.
- Girls will be allowed to wear minimal makeup (staff discretion).