A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Kelly green shirts with collars (includes mock turtlenecks, long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit)
Inspire logo is optional
6-8White or yellow oxford shirts (short- or long-sleeved)
Boys wear a solid hunter green or black clip-on tie
Girls wear a solid hunter green or black crossover tie
Add’lShirts must be tucked in at all times
Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or vests that are navy, khaki or green
Sweatshirts, hoodies, and ponchos may be worn as outerwear (worn outside) only
Hair & Hygiene
ColorsHair color must be of natural tones and may not be colored, dyed, or streaked
StyleFor boys, hairstyles must be conservative and worn off the collar
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme hairstyles are not permitted.
No designs, logos, or other distracting items are to be sprayed, etched, or shaved into hair.
- Khaki bottoms, uniform style shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers
- Dockers are acceptable uniform style pants
- Pants may not have legs that zipper off or rivets, pockets on the sides, or loops of any kind
- Jean and sweat pant materials are not permitted
- Plain black or brown belts must be worn with bottoms that have belt loops
- All bottoms must be either longer than the fingers when the student’s arms hang at her side or no more than three inches above the knees
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Hats of any kind may not be worn inside the building
- Brown, black, navy, or burgundy loafers or casual dress shoes must be worn
- Athletic shoes should be brought for P.E.
- Boots and sandals are not permitted
- Plain white, brown, or black socks (or tights for girls) must be worn
- Jewelry, earrings and body piercing ornaments are not permitted (boys)
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted (girls)
- Earrings are not permitted to be larger than a quarter in size
- Only ears may be pierced
- Makeup is not permitted
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited
- Clothing with holes, cuts, or tears is not permitted
- No khaki or kelly green dresses
Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.