A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
Click here to view the 2018-19 Uniform Information Packet
- Students in grades K-5 must wear a short or long sleeve heather gray, hunter green or white shirt with collar (includes mock turtleneck, cotton or knit). No logos other than school logos are permitted. Shirts must be tucked in. A heather gray polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue.
- Students in grades 6-8 must wear a short or long sleeve bright green,hunter green or white polo or a short or long sleeve white dress shirt. The white dress shirt must be worn with a tie. No logos other than school logos are permitted. Shirts must be tucked in. A bright green polo and ties purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information. Logos are prohibited on these shirts as well.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue.
- Brown, black, navy, or burgundy shoes (loafer type or casual dress) without embellishments must be worn. No athletic shoes except for those brought to school for use in gym are permitted. Boots are permitted only as outerwear. Heels on shoes must be no higher than two inches. Platform shoes, moccasins, or open-back shoes (e.g., clogs) are not permitted. Shoelaces must be tied.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored navy, white, brown, tan, burgundy, gray, red, or dark green sweaters or vests. No sweatshirts are permitted in the classrooms. A collared shirt must be worn under sweaters and vests. Fleece pullovers are permitted as long as they a solid color as listed above. No hoods are permitted.
- Hats and head scarves may not be worn inside the building. This provision does not apply to head coverings worn for religious reasons if the student applies for and receives approval from the school administration to wear such head coverings.
- Hairstyles must be conservative. Extreme hairstyles and colored faux hair are not permitted. Extreme hair styles include: “Mohawk Fades”, “HighTop Fades”, and designs. For boys, hair must be off of the collar. Hair color must be of natural tones.
- Sweatpants, wide-leg pants, carpenter pants, cargo pants with multiple large pockets, and drawstring pants are not permitted. No denim or jean material is permitted. Solid black, brown, or navy belts without embellishments must be worn with pants that have belt loops.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Pants, skirts, shorts, etc. must be worn at the waist.
- Solid blue dresses are prohibited.
- No sleeveless shirts, tank tops, or muscle shirts are permitted.
- No tattoos are permitted.
- No sagging pants, yoga pants, athletic pants or low riser pants, skirts, and leggings that come to the mid-calf in length are permitted.
- Clothing wrapped around the waist is not permitted.
- No ripped or torn clothing is permitted.
- No bare midriffs are permitted.
- Wearing excessive or distracting accessories is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to: headbands, bracelets, rings, scarves, bandanas, etc.
- Pants and shorts must be navy blue.
- Socks must be worn at all times. Socks can be white, tan, brown, black, or navy.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar. Extreme hair styles including “Mohawk Fades, “High Top Fades” and designs are not permitted.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Skirts, skorts, jumpers, and Capri pants must be navy blue and must be longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
- Solid colored dresses are not permitted.
- White, brown, black, tan, or navy socks or full-length tights must be worn. Designs on tights and socks are not permitted.
- No more than two earrings per ear are permitted. Earring length must be reasonable and may not touch the shoulders. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.
Casual Dress Day
- Shirts must have sleeves.
- No clothing (including hats, shoes, and accessories) containing inappropriate words or pictures (e.g., items that depict sex, violence, gore, drugs, alcohol, or weapons) are permitted.
- No ripped clothing is permitted. No bare midriffs are permitted. Flip-flops are not permitted.
- Shirts with hoods and leggings/yoga pants are not permitted.
- On spirit days, students may only wear blue jeans on bottom (not colored jeans/leggings).
- On a full dress down day, only jeans are permitted, but may be any color.