Food Services During Summer
Learning does not end when school lets out, and neither does the need for good nutrition!
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens ages 0-18 at many locations across the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session.
Atlanta Heights Charter School
To find additional meal sites near you, text “Food” to 877-877 or call 1-866-453-FOOD (3663) or visit summerfoodrocks.org. This online resource shows maps of summer food sites across the state, serving times, and local contact information.
- Contact your school leader for specifics on the food pick up location on your school’s campus.
- Families may pick up meals from our school Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. while supplies last. Please know, we will provide food for weekend days at that time.
Families will be allowed to pick up items and take them home for student consumption. Students do not need to be present in order for parents to receive their child(s) meals. Families are not allowed to enter the school building beyond the main lobby.
Please see our non-discrimination information below.
Food distribution will be provided for families of enrolled students at the school as well as students ages 0-18 in the community.
- Atlanta Heights Charter School will offer up to two meals per day for every child.
- Atlanta Heights Charter School will provide meals for up to three days for households at one time.
- Children do not have to be present with their parents for food pick up.
- Families will not be allowed to enter the building past the established pick-up location.
Breakfast meals will be a shelf-stable product, such as cereal, and lunch meals will be frozen, similar to in-school lunches. Click here for reheating instructions. Shelf-stable lunch meals will be provided when the product is available.