A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increases academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Navy blue Atlanta Heights logo shirt (preferred) or plain navy blue, short or long sleeved polo shirt
6-8Red Atlanta Heights logo shirt (preferred) or plain red, short or long sleeved polo shirt
Cold WeatherSolid-colored sweaters or vests that are white, navy, black or gray. A collared shirt must be worn under sweaters and vests.
Add’lUndershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
Hair & Hygiene
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
K-5Khaki (tan) pants or knee length shorts (boys)
Khaki (tan) pants, knee length skirt, jumper or skort (girls)
6-8Black pants or knee length shorts (boys)
Black pants, knee length skirt, jumper or skort (girls)
Add’lBlue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
All students (all grades) must wear a solid black or brown belt with all pants and shorts. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
Hats & Accessories
- Hats are not permitted of any kind
- Hooded sweatshirts are not permitted
- No piercings in areas other than ears (girls) - No piercings for boys
- Rhinestone, silver ringed, studded or belts with designs - Plain only
- No distracting jewelry or dark glasses
- Tattoos or writing on skin are not permitted
- Solid white or solid black colored shoes only with black socks or black stockings
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, or flip flops are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or in the playgrounds
- Cold weather attire–All Students may wear navy, black or white sweaters or sweatshirts. Hooded sweaters or sweatshirts are not allowed.
- All clothing must be sized properly so items are not overly baggy or tight
- Extreme makeup is not permitted
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited
Parents will be contacted when a student is dressed inappropriately. Appropriate clothing must be brought to school, or the student will be sent home.