To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Students must wear white, navy, or black collared shirts. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Students must wear solid-colored pants that are navy blue, black or khaki.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or vests that are navy, black, or white. These items must be worn with standard uniform shirts.
- Shoes must be worn in matching pairs. Sandals or other open-toe shoes are not permitted. Boots are permitted only as outerwear; they may be worn at arrival and dismissal.
- White, navy, or black socks (or tights for girls) must be worn.
- Belts must be worn with any bottoms that have belt loops. Belt buckles should be standard. No spinning belt buckles or sashes are permitted.
- Hats of any kind may not be worn inside the building.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted (e.g., mohawks, designs/names cut in the hair). Hair color must be of natural tones.
- Students may not display tattoos; tattoos must be covered at all times.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Shorts must be solid navy, black, or khaki.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waistline. Sagging pants and shorts are not tolerated.
- Earrings are not permitted. Accommodations will not be made for new piercings.
- Skirts, shorts, skorts, capris, and jumpers must be solid navy, black, or khaki. These items must be no shorter than knee length.
- One set of earrings, no larger than a quarter, may be worn (i.e., only one earring per ear). Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.