Parents are expected to provide the means for their children to get to and from school. Below are the carline procedures for all three of our campuses. Please call your school's front office if have questions regarding drop-off and pick-up procedures.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Every school day begins and ends in our parking lots.
Drop-off and pick-up times can be hectic. But if we all work together, it can be a quick and efficient experience. Also, please remember to:
- Drive slowly and be aware -- precious children are everywhere.
- Be patient with fellow drivers.
- Stay off your cell phone.
- Follow all procedures. Do not park your vehicle on the street or a nearby lot and walk your child onto campus during car line times.
- Only park in a handicap space if you have a placard registered to you.
K-2 Campus - 4020 Meeting Way
- Morning Drop-off: 7:45 a.m. to 8:20 a.m.
- Afternoon Pick-up: 2:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- From Piedmont Parkway turn onto Mendenhall Oaks Parkway. If traffic is backed up, stack to the right (curb) of Mendenhall Oaks Parkway to allow traffic to pass.
- Turn right onto Meeting Way and stack in the inside travel lane (as if this were a 4-lane road) until you turn left into the campus, allowing through traffic to pass on the right. Please do not block business entrances.
- Do not turn onto Mendenhall Oaks Parkway from NC HWY 68 and expect to turn left onto Meeting Way. Traffic backs up on Mendenhall Oaks Parkway. Parents will assume you are breaking in line and will not allow you to make a left turn.
- Once you make a left into campus, remain to the right of any cones and proceed to the rear of the school. You will have plenty of space to make a u-turn and proceed to the front of the school for drop-off and pick-up.
- A teacher or staff member will assist your child from your vehicle and make sure they are away from traffic before you proceed.
- As you exit the lot, a uniformed police officer will direct you to turn right towards Mendenhall Oaks Parkway. Follow direction and proceed towards Eastchester Dr. (HWY 68).
- The police officer will move their vehicle from the street at 8:20 a.m. If you arrive after 8:20 a.m. line up behind the police car. The officer will allow the parking lot to clear before allowing you to enter the lot. Please park your vehicle in a marked space and walk your child into the school.
- If your child arrives after 8:25 a.m. please sign in at the front desk.
3-6 Campus - 4191 Mendenhall Oaks Parkway
- Morning Drop-off: 7:40 a.m. to 8:20 a.m.
- Afternoon Pick-up: 2:45 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Access Mendenhall Oaks Parkwy from either NC HWY 68 or Piedmont Parkway.
- If you're turning left into campus and traffic is backed up, stack in the inside lane (as if this were a 4-lane road), allowing through traffic to pass on the right.
- If you're turning right into campus, stack to the far right (closest to the curb).
- Please do not block business entrances.
- After turning into campus, proceed up the drive, turn right, and drive to the rear of the school. You will enter a lane to proceed to the front of the school to assist in getting as many vehicles onto the campus property and off the street.
- Proceed to the front of the school where teachers and staff members will assist your child from your vehicle. Make a u-turn and proceed towards Mendenhall Oaks Parkway. The unformed police officer will direct you to turn right only when leaving the campus.
- U-turns on Mendenhall Oaks Parkway will not be tolerated and is considered a safe movement violation. Do not utilize business lots as a place to turn around.
- The police officer will move their vehicle from the street at 8:20 a.m. If you arrive after 8:20 a.m. line up behind the police car. The officers will allow the parking lot to clear and will then allow you get in the drop-off line. Drop-off ends at 8:25 a.m. If your child is not assisted out of your vehicle by 8:25 a.m., please park your vehicle in a marked space and walk your child in.
- If your child arrives after 8:30 a.m., please check in with the front desk.
7-11 Campus - 7847 Clinard Farms Rd.
- Morning Drop-off: 7:40 a.m. to 8:10 a.m.
- Afternoon Pick-up: 2:55 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- You may turn left or right when entering and exiting the campus.
- A uniformed police officer will assist with traffic direction if/when traffic gets backed up to enter or exit the campus.
- Proceed to the rear of campus and follow the route to the drop-off/pick-up area at the front of the school.
- Students are considered tardy after 8:15 a.m. and should sign in with the front desk.
Multiple Student Drop-offs
It generally takes a week for staff, students, and parents to get acclimated to drop-off and pick-up procedures. After the first week you can expect to be in car line for approximately five minutes per campus.