Our dress code at Knapp is flexible, affordable, and designed to encourage success. With less distractions and competition, our scholars can focus better in school.
- Shirt sleeves must be long enough to completely cover students’ shoulders. Shirts must be long enough to be tucked in and to remain tucked in when the student moves or lifts his/her arms.
- No spaghetti strap shirts, halter tops, tank tops or muscle shirts are allowed.
- Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed to be worn during instructional time, but are permitted to be worn as a jacket for recess during arrival and dismissal.
Hats & Accessories
- Students may not wear baseball hats, do-rags, or bandanas at any time on school property.
- Body piercing ornaments and any distracting jewelry such as chains or collars are not permitted. Jewelry may only be worn in ears that are pierced. No jewelry in tongues, noses, eyebrows, etc.
Pants, Skirts, and Shorts
- Pants must be in good condition without holes.
- Pants may not have designs, artwork or writing other than a small brand logo displayed on them.
- Yoga, Spandex, and leggings are not permitted to be worn as pants - but may be worn with an appropriate length skirt or dress.
- Shorts, skorts, and skirts must be no shorter than five inches above the knee. Skirts worn with leggings must still meet length requirements.
Hair & Hygiene
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Colored, dyed, or highlighted hair must be of natural tones (i.e., not extreme colors like blue and green).
- The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Clothing, makeup, hair, perfume, and jewelry must be tasteful and worn or used modestly. Clothing should fit appropriately and should not be too tight or baggy or sag below the waistline.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Makeup must be in good taste. A student wearing makeup in a way that draws attention or distracts others will be asked to wash it off.
Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.