To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion and their decision is final.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Must wear solid-colored polos with collars, solid-colored turtlenecks or mock turtlenecks, solid colored button-front dress/oxford shirts, or collared shirts or blouses.
- No logos, trademarks or insignias on the shirt or shirt pocket are allowed, except for a Greensboro Academy logo.
Greensboro Academy spirit wear (t-shirts or sweatshirts) may be worn as dress code. (Spirit wear must adhere to the Greensboro Academy dress code guidelines as outlined below)
- Sleeveless shirts may not be worn. Only solid white t-shirts may be worn underneath collared shirts.
- Fabric must be cotton twill, cotton blend, or corduroy. For grades 2 and up, belts must be worn with any garment with belt loops. Denim is allowed on School Spirit Day, the first Monday of each month.
- All clothing must be neat, appropriately sized, and in good repair. No excessively tight or loose clothing is permitted. Pant hems may not touch or drag on the floor.
- Shirts must be tucked in for the academic day.
Sweaters and sweatshirts (crew neck, v-neck, vest or cardigan in style) must be solid color, solid knit, and worn over a collared shirt. The collar must be visible at all times. Sweaters and sweatshirts must not have hoods, ½ zippers, full zippers or any adornments (scarves, sequins, beads, etc.). Sweaters and sweatshirts must not bear any insignia, logos, or pictures, other than a
Greensboro Academy logo.
- Zippered vests, pullovers, hooded tops, and jackets must be stored in student lockers during the school day. Jackets may only be worn outside the building during cold weather. No headgear is to be worn inside the building.
- Socks or hosiery must be worn with shoes that have closed toes and heels. Heels must not exceed one inch in height. Athletic shoes are required for P.E.
- Hair must be well-kept and remain out of the eyes. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color should be of natural tones.
- Excessive or distracting jewelry, chains, and/or other adornment (makeup, body piercings) are not permitted.
All boys must wear solid navy or khaki traditional/standard slacks, flat-pocket cargo pants, or walking shorts. Shorts must not be longer than knee length.
Boys may not wear earrings.
All girls must wear solid navy or khaki traditional/standard slacks, flat-pocket cargo pants, Capri pants, walking shorts, skirts, culottes, jumpers, or skorts. All shorts, skirts, culottes, jumpers, and skorts must be below fingertip length.
Girls may wear no more than two earrings in each ear.
Solid colored leggings, tights, or hosiery may be worn under skirts, jumpers, or dresses. Leggings tights, or hosiery may not be worn under shorts. Leggings may not be worn independently as pants.
Dresses must be solid colored polo dresses no more than 2 inches above the knee. No shirt dresses or sweater dresses.