A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
• Students must wear white, burgundy, navy or powder blue shirts that have collars and sleeves (includes mock turtleneck, long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit). No logos other than school logos are permitted. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
• Shoes must be worn at all times. Any type or color of shoe may be worn as long as they are not open toed and sandals/clogs must have a back strap. Shoes that create sounds, lights or have rollers are not allowed.
• Cold weather attire may include solid-colored navy, white or burgundy sweaters or vests.
• Sweatshirt/hoodies are permitted in the classrooms that are an appropriate dress code color. A collared shirt must be worn under sweatshirts/hoodies, sweaters and vests.
• All students are encouraged to wear either college/university or Foundations shirts or sweatshirts on designated Spirit Days.
• Hats and head scarves are not permitted to be worn inside the building. This provision does not apply to head coverings worn for religious reasons if the student applies for and receives approval from the school administration to wear such head coverings.
• Hair color must be of natural tones. Sweatpants are not permitted. No denim or jean material is permitted. Brown or black belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt loops. • Pants, skirts, shorts, etc. must be worn at the waist.
• No sagging pants or low riser pants or skirts are permitted.
• Clothing wrapped around the waist is not permitted.
• No ripped or torn clothing is permitted.
• Body piercing ornaments and visible tattoos of any kind of are not permitted.
• Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
• The Foundations crest can be embroidered on most items and is encouraged, but not required.
- Boys must wear khaki or navy blue pants or shorts. Shirts must be tucked into pants or shorts at all times.
- Any plain colored socks are allowed. Socks may have a thin stripe around the top of the sock or may have a company name or symbol; Nike, Adidas, Champion, etc.
- Girls must wear khaki or navy blue pants, skorts, shorts or capris that are no more than four inches above the knees.
- Skirts or jumpers must be khaki, navy blue, or burgundy/grey plaid and also should be no more than four inches above the knees in length. (Available online at Lands End.)
- Dresses must be powder blue, navy blue, or khaki and abide by the length restrictions of skirts.
- Solid-colored socks and tights that are white, gray, black, navy or khaki are permitted.
- Designs on tights and socks are not permitted.
- Two sets of small earrings are allowed. Only ears may be pierced. A maximum of two bracelets on each arm.
Sports Wear or After School Activity Wear
- Shirts and/or blouses must not be see-through. Undergarments must not be visible.
- Shirts/blouses must have sleeves. Shirts must reach the waistline at all times.
- Clothing that promotes tobacco, alcohol, drug use and/or violence is not permitted.
- Clothing that promotes obscenity, profanity, self-deprecation and/or implies sexuality is not permitted.
- Words written on the backside of any pants, shorts, or skirts are not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.