A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. If you require assistance in paying for uniforms, please call the school at (336) 922-1121.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Bright green short or long-sleeved polo (preferred)
Plain white polo
Short or long-sleeved white dress shirt with a custom green and blue striped tie
Short or long-sleeve bright green or white polo may be worn on Fridays
Cold WeatherStudents may wear sweaters, sweatshirts, or vests that are solid-colored navy or white
Sweaters with the Forsyth logo are available at Image Builders Marketing
Hoods are not permitted
Sweaters and sweatshirts should not be tied around the waist or worn backwards
Add’lBright green polos and ties purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Students may not wear sleeveless shirts.
Undershirts worn must be solid white. No wording can show through the uniform shirt.
Shirts must be fully tucked in.
Shirts must be long enough to cover the chest and remain tucked into the pants when the arms are raised.
Pants, Skirts, and Shorts
BoysNavy pants or shorts at the natural waist
GirlsPlain navy pants, skirts, skorts, shorts, or jumpers
Add'lBelts are required.
No nylon, taffeta, or jogging pants (pants that make a rustling noise) may be worn.
Sagging pants or shorts are not permitted.
All bottoms must be longer than the fingers when the arms hang at the student’s side or no more than three inches above the knees.
- No stripes, appliqués, brands/logos, embroidery (unless embroidery is the same color as the shirt and is not a logo), chains, or other designs are allowed on any clothing items
- Outdoor coats and jackets must be hung in cubbies or lockers during the school day
- Middle School students are not permitted to carry backpacks or book bags to classes
- As a general rule, if a textbook can fit in the bag/purse, it is too big and will need to be placed in a locker
View the 2017-18 packet
Uniform Information Packet
Hair & Hygiene
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted
- This includes, but is not limited to, mohawks measuring higher than one inch
- Hair color must be of natural tones
- Boys hairstyles must be conservative with hair being of the collar and out of the face
- Hairstyles that disrupt the school setting or create conflict are not permitted
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- A reasonable number of earrings (no more than 3) are permitted for girls - Only ears may be pierced
- Any makeup worn by middle school girls should be natural and minimal - Makeup is not permitted below 6th grade
- Temporary tattoos and body art must be covered at all times
- Socks/leggings/tights worn must be solid white or navy
- K-8 students must wear solid black or brown close-toed shoes - Athletic shoes should be brought to school for use in P.E
Not AllowedScarves covering the head, scarves as accessories, or hats of any kind may not be worn inside the building.
Bandanas, bandana headbands, scarves as headbands and sweatbands are not permitted.
Accessories that disrupt the school setting or create conflict are not permitted.
Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted for boys.