To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
- Shirts and/or blouses must not be see-through and undergarments must not be visible.
- Shirts/blouses must have sleeves. Open shirts and blouses must cover all but three inches below the bottom of the throat. Shirts must reach the waistline at all times.
- Outerwear (including jackets, down vests, coats, etc.) may not be worn inside the building, even in the winter. Students who tend to be cold should layer their clothing.
- Pajamas or clothing that resembles pajamas may not be worn.
- Clothing that promotes tobacco, alcohol, drug use, and/or violence is forbidden.
- Clothing that promotes obscenity, profanity, self-deprecation, and/or implies sexuality is forbidden.
- Students are not allowed to share clothing or change clothing at school except for authorized purposes, such as preparing for a sporting event.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
Hats & Accessories
- Hats, scarves, and bandanas may not be worn in the building.
- Jewelry must be small and non-controversial. No large emblems, chains (e.g., wallet chains, chain belts, decorative chains used as necklace chains), or medallions may be worn.
- Nose rings, lip rings, or rings through the eyebrow or tongue may not be worn.
Hair & HygieneThe personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Pants, Skirts, and Shorts
- Pants must fit the waist and be worn at the natural waist (i.e., at the navel).
- Leggings/Jeggings alone may not be worn as pants, but must be worn underneath shorts, skirts or dresses that are the appropriate length.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts may be no shorter than four inches above the tops of the kneecaps.
- Holes in pants must be located no higher than 4 inches above the top of the kneecap as well. This rule applies even if a student wears tights, leggings, etc. under the shorts or skirt.
- Any words written on the backside of any pants, shorts, or skirts are not permitted.