To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
- Students’ shoulders must be covered with at least three (3) inches of material.
- Shirts must be long enough to reach the waistline. When the arms are raised, no midriff may be exposed.
- Spaghetti strap shirts, halter tops, tank tops, undershirts, and muscle shirts are not permitted.
- Low or immodest necklines are not permitted.
Pants, Skirts, and Shorts
- Shorts must be longer than the fingertips when the arms hang straight to the sides.
- Skirts and skorts must be within 2 inches of the knees.
Not AllowedSweatpants, wide-leg pants, cargo pants, pants with multiple large pockets, drawstring pants, sagging pants, and low-risers, denim and jean materials, pajama pants, inappropriate or intended holes in pants, and tight fitting spandex-style pants and shorts are not permitted.
No clothing items may be wrapped around the waist.
Hats & Accessories
Not AllowedHats, head coverings, sweatbands, bandanas and doo-rags may not be worn in the building. Sunglasses are also not permitted.
Belts are not allowed to be decorative.
Body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- All clothing must fit appropriately.
- P.E. clothes are to be worn for P.E. class only. The school dress code also applies to P.E. classes and after school activities.
Add’lClothing must fit the individual in a modest fashion i.e. No tight fitting pants, shirts, low cut shirts, etc.
Not AllowedClothing may not be ripped or torn. Bare midriffs are not permitted.
Tattoos are not permitted.
Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
No undergarments may be visible.
Offensive language, symbols, or innuendos are prohibited on all clothing.