Food Services Re-Opening
While we will be participating in remote learning, we remain committed to ensuring students maintain a healthy and nutritious diet, even when they are away from our building. Our school leaders are working in collaboration with Preferred Meals, our food service provider, to serve our school community.
Families are invited to pick up breakfast and lunch at Atlanta Heights Charter School, free of charge. Please see the outlined information below for further information.
- Contact your school leader for specifics on the food pick up location on your school’s campus.
- Families may pick up meals from our school between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, while supplies last.
We are able to offer up to two meals per day for every enrolled student at Atlanta Heights and can provide for up to three days of meals at one time. Additionally, families may pick up meals during one initial stop at the school. They are not required to come back for each meal service.
Families will be allowed to pick up items and take them home for student consumption. Students do not need to be present in order for parents to receive their child(s) meals. Families are not allowed to enter the school building beyond the main lobby.
Food distribution will be provided for enrolled students at the school.
- Atlanta Heights Charter School will offer up to two meals per day for every enrolled student.
- Atlanta Heights will provide meals for up to three days at one time.
- Children do not have to be present with their parents for food pick up.
- Families will not be allowed to enter the building past the established pick-up location.
Breakfast meals will be a shelf-stable product, such as cereal, and lunch meals will be frozen, similar to in-school lunches. Click here for reheating instructions. Shelf-stable lunch meals will be provided when the product is available.
In-person School Lunch Info
When it is safe to attend in-person, healthy and balanced meals will be available to all students every full day of school with our participation in the Community Eligibility Program (CEP). See below for details.