A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
- Students must wear shirts with collars (includes mock turtlenecks, long-or short-sleeved, cotton or knit). Shirts may have only school logos. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, and muscle shirts are not permitted.
- Shirts for all students (K-8) may be white, navy, bright green or gray. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday –Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.
- Loafers, casual dress, or athletic shoes may be worn. All shoes must be conservative in color. In addition, these colors apply to belts which are not permitted to be decorative. Heels may not exceed two inches. Platform or open-back shoes are not permitted. Snow boots are only permitted as outerwear and should not be worn during the school day.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or vests that are white, navy, black or gray. Sweatshirts are not permitted in the classrooms. A collared shirt must be worn under sweaters and vests.
- Pants and shorts (and skirts, skorts, and jumpers for girls) must be navy, black, or khaki for all grades (K-8)
- Sweatpants, wide-leg pants, cargo pants, pants with multiple large pockets, drawstring pants, sagging pants, and low-risers are not permitted. Denim and jean materials are not permitted.
- Pants, shorts, skirts, etc. must be worn at the waist.
- No clothing items may be wrapped around the waist.
- Clothing may not be ripped or torn. Bare midriffs are not permitted.
- Conservative colored socks (or tights for girls) must be worn at all times.
- Hats and head scarves may not be worn in the building.
- Extreme hairstyles and colored faux hair are prohibited. Hair must be of natural tones.
- Tattoos are not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Clothing must fit the individual in a modest fashion i.e. No tight fitting pants, shirts, low cut shirts, etc.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Earrings and body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- All bottoms must be either longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than three inches above the knees.
- A reasonable number of modest earrings that are shorter than 1 inch longs are permitted. Body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Makeup is not permitted in grades K through 5. Makeup in middle school must be modest.
Middle school students have the option of wearing a long or short sleeve white dress shirt with a custom bright green and navy blue striped tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged.