A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
- Shirts must be a short or long sleeve bright green or royal blue polo. A bright green or royal blue polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time.
- A short or long sleeve white or gray polo may be worn when the bright green or royal blue is not readily available to the student. The white or gray polo may be purchased at the store of your choice.
- Middle school students may also wear a long or short sleeve white dress shirt with a tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue.
- Middle school students (6th, 7th, 8th grade) may wear navy blue or khaki bottoms.
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, or tennis shoes must be worn. Shoe colors may be solid navy, black or brown. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class.
- Socks must be solid black, brown, white or navy and worn with shoes.
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or sweater vests that are solid navy, gray or black. Sweaters must be free of any designs or writing (e.g. stripes, wording, etc.). If a sweater or fleece is worn, it may not have a hood.
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts or long sleeve t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts.
- A solid black, navy blue, or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts having belt loops. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
- All clothing must be sized properly, so items are not overly baggy or tight.
- In the event of a dress down day, clothing must be school appropriate. School administration reserves the right to the final approval of clothing worn on dress down days.
- Shorts, skirts, and skorts must meet mid-thigh or extend past mid-thigh. Mid-thigh is determined as halfway between inseam and knee.
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, corduroy pants, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts, sweaters of fleece are permitted in the classroom.
- Dark glasses.
- Distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears (girls).
- No piercings for boys.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- Belts with rhinestone, silver rings, studs or designs. Plain belts only.
- Extreme hairstyles. If hair is dyed or colored, it must be of a natural color (blonde, brown, black, or auburn). Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal and/or deans. If hair is dyed a non-natural color (i.e. blue, red, green, etc.) students will be required to dye it back to a natural color before returning to school.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, or flip flops are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots or in the playgrounds.
- Extreme makeup. Students may be asked by the administration to remove extreme makeup.
- Leggings, jeggings, tights, form fitting bottoms, and/or yoga pants worn alone are not permitted.
- Pants and shorts must be both navy blue and conservative. They may not have carpenter loops, or stripes. Denim materials are not permitted. Middle school boys may wear khaki or navy blue pants.
- Pants, shorts, capri pants, jumpers, and skorts must be navy blue. Middle school girls may wear khaki or navy blue bottoms.
- All bottoms must be either longer than the fingers when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than three inches above the knees.
- Tights and socks must be solid white, black, or navy.
- Leggings worn under skirts must be solid white, black, or navy.
- For girls in grades K-5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6-8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches.
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets and rings are permitted (principal discretion).
- Only ears may be pierced.
Add’lClothing must fit the individual in a modest fashion i.e. No tight fitting pants, shirts, low cut shirts, etc.
Not AllowedClothing may not be ripped or torn. Bare midriffs are not permitted.
Tattoos are not permitted.
Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.