A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Navy blue cotton polo shirts (long or short-sleeved) with collars
Shirts will be labeled with the school emblem
6-8White collared shirts with green tie and navy blue blazer with fastened Riverton Crest
May wear sweater with crest, but blazers required for more formal occasions (i.e. ceremonies, assemblies, trips, etc.)
Hoodies are not permitted - includes Riverton’s athletic hoodies.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Hats or bandanas of any kind are not permitted
- Socks/tights must be gray, blue, brown, or black
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted for boys
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted for girls - Only ears may be pierced
- Shoes must be dark brown or black (loafer type or casual dress)
- For winter months, only black or brown boots will be permitted
Belts must be worn with trousers that have belt loops
Shorts are not permitted
GirlsGray pants, skirts, or jumpers
Skirts and jumpers must be longer than the fingers when arms hang at the student's sides, or no more than three inches above the knee
- On the days that your child has Physical Education, please have him/her wear their sneakers and Riverton Physical Education attire (blue sweat pants, sweat shirt, or blue T-Shirt with Riverton crest)
- Cold weather attire may include navy blue sweaters or vests
- Makeup is not permitted
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited
Hair & Hygiene
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted
- Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked
- Boys: Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar
Students should be clean and neat when at school.