To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
Click here to view the 2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Students are required to abide by the following:
- Shirts must be a short- or long-sleeved bright green polo. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. A short or long sleeve white or grey polo may be worn when the bright green is not readily available to the student.
- Slacks or dress pants must be navy blue.
- Middle school students may also wear a long or short sleeve white dress shirt with a tie. Ties purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged.
- Conservative shoes, including loafer style, dress shoes, or tennis shoes must be worn. Shoe colors may be navy, black, or brown. Shoes must be worn appropriately (i.e., laced and/or strapped all the way for safety purposes). Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are to be worn for P.E. class.
- Socks must be solid black, brown, navy, or white and worn with shoes.
- Cold weather attire may include sweaters or sweater vests that are solid navy or gray. All cold weather attire must be free of any designs or writing (for example, stripes, wording, etc.).
- Snow boots may be worn as outerwear only and may not be worn in the classrooms.
- Shirts must be tucked neatly into bottoms at all times.
- Undershirts (t-shirts worn under uniform shirts) must be white and must fit appropriately under the uniform shirts. Undershirts may not have longer sleeves than uniform shirts.
- A solid black, navy blue, or brown belt must be worn with all pants and shorts. Belt loops may not be removed from pants or shorts to avoid wearing belts.
- All clothing must be sized properly so items are not overly baggy or tight.
- Tattoos or writing on skin.
- Hats of any kind or hooded sweatshirts. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted in the classroom.
- Dark glasses.
- Any distracting jewelry.
- Piercings in areas other than ears (girls). No piercings for boys.
- Overly large clothing that sags down below the waist area.
- Rhinestones, silver rings, studs or designs on belts. Plain only.
- Extreme hairstyles (e.g., shave lines, designs, unnatural colors, mohawks, styles that inhibit vision, etc.). Extreme styles are at the discretion of the principal.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Blue jean material, knit pull-on pants, jogging pants, cargo pants with outside side pockets, or decorative embroidery are not permitted.
- No shoes with wheels, airbrushing, house slippers, flip flops, symbols other than manufacturing symbols (i.e., Nike, Reebok) are permitted on school grounds, in the gym, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots, or on the playgrounds.
- Makeup or “fake” nails.
- Pants and shorts must be both navy blue and conservative. They may not have carpenter loops, or stripes. Denim materials are not permitted.
- Hair must be cut above the shirt collar.
- Pants, shorts, Capri pants, jumpers, skirts, and skorts must be navy blue.
- Bottoms must be at least one inch longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides.
- Tights must be solid white or navy.
- For girls in grades K–5, heels on shoes may not exceed one (1) inch. For girls in grades 6–8, heels on shoes may not exceed two (2) inches.
- A reasonable number of earrings, bracelets, and rings are permitted (principal's discretion). Only ears may be pierced.
- Only natural nails are permitted.
Attire for spirit days is as follows:
- Solid royal blue or yellow shirt.
- Blue or black jeans, capris, or shorts without holes in them. Jeggings, jogging pants, and pull-on knit pants are not permitted.
- School spirit wear or college shirts may also be worn.
The school administration reserves the right to the final
approval of dress code attire.