A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Parent and Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
ColorsY5-8: Solid white, navy, light blue, or hunter green
5-8: Burgundy (optional)
TypeLong or short sleeve polo shirts or turtlenecks
Cold WeatherMay include solid colored white, navy, light blue, hunter green, or black sweaters, vests, or fleece.
A collared uniform shirt must be worn under winter attire.
Add’lShirts may have only school logos.
Hoods or sweatshirt material are not permitted.
Hair & Hygiene
ColorsHair must be of natural tones
StyleHairstyles must be conservative
Boy’s hair must be above the collar, ears, and eyebrows
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme hairstyles (e.g. designs shaved in the hair, shaved heads, Mohawks, mullets, Princetons, etc.).
Full grown facial hair.
ColorsNavy, khaki, or black
TypeDress pants, skirts, skorts, and jumpers
Add’lShorts, skorts and skirts must be no shorter than two inches above the kneecaps.
All bottoms must be worn at the waist.
White or navy tights may be worn with skirts, skorts, or jumpers.
Belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt loops.
Not AllowedSweatpants, denim/jean material, sagging pants, or low-riser pants or skirts.
Hats & Accessories
- Head bands must be solid white, navy, hunter green, or black
- Dress boots below the knee are permitted
- Girls may wear one set of small earrings and a maximum of two bracelets may be worn on each arm
- Purses and backpacks must be stored in lockers or cubbies during the day (not in class)
- Nail polish should be a solid color
- Heels must not be higher than one inch
Not AllowedHats of any kind.
Body piercings or ornaments.
Earrings for boys.
Make up, lip stick, and fake nails.
Shoes with open backs (clogs, flip flops, etc.), excessive neon colors, lights, wheels, etc.
Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
Jeans Day Dress Code
- Jeans must be solid blue or black denim
- Ripped, saggy, or excessively worn jeans are not permitted
- No excessive designs permitted on jeans
- Shirts must be regular school uniform shirts or academic college shirts (t-shirts or sweat shirts)
- Students are permitted to wear “Right-On” shirts that are earned through the school’s Positive Behavior Support System
- College sports themed shirts or jerseys are inappropriate.
School Picture Day Dress Code
Fall school pictures: Student must be in school uniform for fall pictures and any re-takes. Students not in school uniform will not be allowed to have their pictures taken.
Spring school pictures: Students may wear nice clothing or their school uniform. Students may not wear jeans or t-shirts with characters or large logos. Girls may not wear spaghetti or thin strapped tops/dresses.
Not AllowedRipped or torn clothing.
Wearing, carrying or displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership.