A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
K-5Long or short-sleeved polo with collar in bright green* (preferred - see below), navy blue, or white
Includes mock turtlenecks, cotton, or knit
6-8Same as K-5 or optionally a long or short-sleeved white dress shirt with a custom navy/bright green tie
Cold WeatherSolid-colored sweaters, sweater vests, and sweatshirts that are navy or white are acceptable
No hoods, stripes, logos, patterns or fur are permitted
All collars of underneath shirts must be visible
Add’lAll shirts worn under uniform shirts must be solid white, navy or light blue
Shirts must be tucked into pants at all times
*Bright green polos and ties purchased only through Image Builders are encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (EST).
Hair & Hygiene
ColorsHair must be of natural tones
StyleFor boys, hairstyles must be conservative (no mohawks)
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
Not AllowedExtreme hairstyles.
Colored, dyed, or streaked hair.
BoysNavy blue or khaki uniform-style pants or shorts
Belts must be worn with trousers having belt loops
GirlsNavy blue or khaki uniform-style pants, capri pants, skirts, skorts, or jumpers
Must be longer than the fingers when arms hang at the student’s side or no more than three inches above the knee
Add’lBelts must be solid black, brown or navy
Not AllowedSagging pants.
Ties on bottoms.
Leggings or footless tights under skirts or skorts.
Ornamental belt buckles.
Hats, Shoes & Accessories
- Headbands should be of school uniform color such as navy, white, bright green or powder blue
- Shoes must be conservative style loafer type, casual dress, or athletic shoes
- Boots may be worn as outerwear during winter and are highly encouraged not to be worn in the classrooms
- All boots must be conservative colors
- White or navy blue socks/tights must be worn
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted (girls only)
- Only ears may be pierced
- All earrings must be no larger than one inch in diameter
Not AllowedHats of any kind.
Neck jewelry including key lanyards.
Wrist jewelry (other than watch, Accelerated Reader jewelry or Principal's Award dog togs).
Visible markings, tattoos, or writings on students.
Purses (in classrooms).
Body piercing ornaments and makeup.
View our 2018-19 Uniform Packet
- Blue jeans must be worn; jeans of other colors are also permitted
- Clothing must be school appropriate (no holes in jeans, no tight or clingy, no low cut tops)
- Sagging pants are not permitted
- Skulls on clothing are not permitted
- Jewelry is not permitted
- Hoods are not permitted
- Clothing not addressed in this sub-section must adhere to the above dress requirements