A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
- All students must abide by the Legacy Academy dress code.
- Dress code colors are navy tops and khaki bottoms for students in grades K-5.
- Dress code colors are navy blue or yellow tops and khaki bottoms for students in middle school (grades 6-8).
- Shirts must have a collar and be tucked into bottoms at all times.
- Long-sleeve undershirts must be solid white or navy.
- Belts must be worn with bottoms that have belt loops.
- In cold weather, students may wear navy sweaters or vests, with or without hoods.
- Socks must be worn at all times with all shoes.
- Sandals are not permitted for safety reasons
- Hats, scarves or du-rags of any kind are not permitted.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted.
- Hybrid uniforms (i.e., non-Legacy t-shirts with uniform pants) are not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Apparel items or accessories that create a distraction or disruption are not permitted.
Middle School Boys
- Middle school boys must wear a tie with a navy blue or yellow dress shirt.
- Pants, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be Legacy Academy dress code colors and must be longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than two inches above the knees.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.