National Heritage Academies (NHA) remains committed to ensuring students maintain a healthy and nutritious diet, no matter what learning scenario our schools are in. A good meal is key to providing the energy your child needs to do their best, and enrolled students are offered a nutritious breakfast and lunch at no cost through the Community Eligibility Program (CEP).USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
Meal Delivery Program
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently announced that they will continue serving meals to children at no cost, through December 31, 2020. This will ensure, no matter what the situation is, children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meal Delivery Program
- Beginning the week of Dec. 7, 2020, Flagship will be delivering school meals to our students’ homes weekly! We are proud to partner with Preferred Meals to provide meal deliveries to our families at no cost.
- School meals are balanced nutrition, easy to handle, and served at home. Included in your child’s meal pack, you will receive seven days’ worth of meals, which includes seven breakfast meals and seven lunch meals.
- All enrolled students will receive meals.
Please know, you must opt-out of free meal deliveries if you do not wish to participate.
- If you wish to opt-out of meal deliveries, student households may pick up five meals, five breakfasts and five lunches, for the week from our school Monday, between 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., while supplies last.
- Parents will be allowed to pick up items for student consumption. Students do not need to be present for parents to receive their child’s meals.
Students return to traditional classroom learning environment
Students resume eating in their classrooms.
Students learn at home on a virtual platform
Students/parents pick up meals through a contact-less area of the school building.
Students receive a combination of in-person learning and remote instruction
Students eat in their classroom (those on-site) and food is distributed for home (students off-site).
- If your student is in school Monday and Tuesday, they must pick up their meals for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday on Wednesday.
- If your student is in school Thursday and Friday, they must pick up their meals for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday on Monday