A flexible and cost effective dress code has been established at our school to encourage academic success while reducing distractions and competition. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the complete dress code policy.
- Students must wear black or brown casual dress shoes or loafers. Solid black athletic shoes can also be worn. Other styles of athletic shoes may be brought to school for use in the gym. Boots are not permitted except as outerwear. Shoes with wheels are not permitted.
- Pants, shorts, and other forms of bottoms may be cotton or corduroy.
- Shirts must be tucked into bottoms (pants, shorts, skorts, or skirts).
- Students must wear white, black, or brown socks. Girls may wear white, tan, or natural-colored tights or stockings.
- Hats of any kind are not permitted in the building.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally dyed, colored, or streaked.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership is prohibited.
- Visible tattoos are not permitted.
- Fashion that, in the principal’s opinion, causes a disruption to the educational environment is prohibited.
- Students must wear white shirts with collars and sleeves (includes long- or short-sleeved, cotton) and a tie. Or, students may wear a bright green long- or short-sleeved polo shirt. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday – Eastern Standard Time.
- Ties must be either a solid color burgundy tie or a custom navy/bright green tie. A custom navy/bright green tie purchased only from Image Builders Marketing is encouraged.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored cardigan sweaters that are navy or burgundy. Hoodies and sweatshirts are not allowed unless they are college sweatshirts worn on College Day.
- Students must wear white shirts with collars and sleeves (includes long- or short-sleeved, cotton or knit).
- Students must wear solid color burgundy ties or a custom navy/bright green tie. A custom navy/bright green tie purchased only from Image Builders Marketing is encouraged.
- Navy blazers are required for middle school students.
- In winter months students should wear their blazers to maintain a comfortable body temperature. Sweaters are not allowed in middle school.
- Pants and shorts must be khaki or Navy. Shorts may be worn only after Memorial Day.
- Belts must be worn with pants or shorts that have belt loops.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Students must wear khaki or Navy pants, jumpers, or skirts. Shorts or skorts may be worn only after Memorial Day. Jumpers, skirts, shorts, and skorts must reach the knees.
- No more than one pair of earrings are permitted for girls. For student safety, earrings should not be past the earlobes. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.