To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective
dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
Click here to view the 2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Shirts must be a short or long sleeve bright green, light grey or white polo.
A bright green polo purchased only
through Image Builders is encouraged.
Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at
(855) 654-6243. A customer service
representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through
Friday –Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- As an alternative, students in grades 4-8 may wear a white
dress shirt with navy and bright green striped tie purchased from Image
- Solid black, white, or gray long or short sleeve T-shirts may be worn underneath for warmth.
- Solid black tennis shoes with a black sole, or solid brown, black, or navy dress shoes must be worn. Top and laces must be the same color. Boots are permitted only as outerwear. Heels on shoes must be no higher than one inch. Platform shoes, moccasins or open-back shoes (e.g., clogs) are not permitted. Shoelaces must be tied.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored navy, white,
brown, tan, black, burgundy, gray, red, or dark green sweaters or vests. No hoods are permitted. No sweatshirts or fleece are permitted in the
classrooms except for special occasions as announced. A collared shirt must be worn under sweaters
- Hats and head scarves may not be worn inside the building. This provision does not apply to head coverings worn for religious reasons if the student receives approval from the school administration to wear such head coverings.
- Extreme hairstyles and colored faux hair are not permitted. Hair sculpting, extreme hair accessories (feathers, etc.) and Mohawks are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones.For boys, hair must be off the collar.
- Sweatpants, yoga pants, wide-leg pants, carpenter pants, cargo
pants with multiple large pockets, and drawstring pants are not permitted. No denim or jean material is permitted. Belts must be worn with pants that have belt
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names,
signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
- Pants, skirts, shorts, etc. must be worn at the waist.
- No sleeveless shirts, tank tops, or muscle shirts are
- No tattoos are permitted.
- No sagging pants, low riser pants or leggings that come to the
mid-calf in length are permitted.
- Clothing wrapped around the waist is not permitted.
- No ripped or torn clothing is permitted.
- No bare midriffs are permitted.
- No shorts allowed in trimester 2.
- Pants and shorts must be navy in grades K-5 and navy or khaki in grades 6-8.
- Socks must be worn at all times. Socks can be white, tan, brown, black, or
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not
Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, jumpers, and Capri pants must be navy in grades K-5 and navy or khaki in grades 6-8. Shorts, skirts, skorts and jumpers must be 2 inches above the knee.
- Solid color socks, tights or full-length leggings must be worn: white, black, tan, brown, navy, or gray.
- Full-length leggings may only be worn under a school uniform skirt or dress with socks.
- No more than two earrings per ear are permitted. Earring length must be reasonable and may not touch the shoulders. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Students in grades 6-8 are subject to the above dress code
standards except for the following:
- Middle school students may also wear a long or short sleeve
white dress shirt with navy and bright green striped tie purchased from Image
- Bright green or white shirts with a collar may be worn with
khaki pants. Solid black, white, or gray long or short sleeve T-shirts
may be worn underneath for warmth.
- Socks, tights, full-length leggings, and stockings may be black,
navy, white, tan or brown.
- Full-length leggings may only be worn under a school uniform
skirt or dress with socks.
Casual Dress Day
On Casual Dress Day, the following rules apply:
- Shirts must have sleeves.
- No clothing (including hats, shoes, and accessories)
containing inappropriate words or pictures (e.g., items that depict sex,
violence, gore, drugs, alcohol, or weapons).
- No ripped clothing is permitted.
- No bare midriffs are permitted.
- No flip-flops are permitted.
- No tight fitting clothes or low cut shirts.
- No Jeggings/skinny jeans are permitted.
- Full-length leggings may be worn under a fingertip length or
longer top, skirt, or dress that is 2 inches above the knee.