To enable students to reach high academic standards, we've put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost-effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time.
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Students in grades K-5 must wear solid navy blue shirts with flip-over collars (includes mock turtleneck, long- or short- sleeved, cotton or knit). Shirst must be tucked into bottoms at all times.
- For boys and girls, pants and shorts must be khaki. Pants must be straights legged with no excess/cargo type pockets. Patch style pockets are permitted. Denim in any form, Dickie Brand products, bell-bottoms, cargo, nylon (wind suit), zip off (lower leg detaches from the pants), or any baggy pants are not permitted.
- For girls, skirts, skorts, shorts, dresses and jumpers must be khaki. They must also be either longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than threeinches above the knees. Shorts must fit like uniform pants (not tighter). Shorts and Capri pants are permitted only as weather allows; students are required to participate in recess and outdoor activities and are not permitted to remain indoors in cooler weather if they have worn shorts or Capri’s.
- As playground equipment is above ground level, girls should wear some type of modest shorts under all skirts, jumpers or dresses.
- Belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt loops. Belts should be plain; metal studs, beads, braids, large buckles, etc. are not permitted. Kindergarten students are not required to wear belts.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or fleeces that are solid blue without hoods. Sweatshirts, coats, outwear, etc. are not permitted in place of sweaters/fleeces.
- Students must wear brown, black, navy, or burgundy shoes (loafer type or casual dress), or athletic shoes. Shoes with wheels are not permitted. Athletic shoes must be worn or brought to school for use in gym.
- Boots are permitted only as outerwear.
- White or navy socks (or tights for girls) must be worn.
- Hats of any kind are not permitted, except for school sponsored special occasions.
- Extreme hairstyles, at the discretion of the principal, are not permitted. Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be professionally colored, dyed, or streaked. Hair must be off the face for girls and off the collar and face for boys.
- Only ears may be pierced. Earrings must be studs; no hoop earrings are permitted.
- Wristwatches are permitted. No other jewelry of any kind may be worn to school.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are prohibited.
Middle School Boys
- Light blue button-down collared dress shirts (short or long sleeve) are required.
- Plaid (blue/red) or solid navy ties are required.
- Polo shirts are not permitted.
Middle School Girls
- Light blue button-down collared blouses (short or long sleeve) are required.
- Students have the option of plaid (blue/red) or khaki jumpers, skirts, skorts or scooters.
- Plaid (blue/red) or solid Navy Cross ties are required
- Polo shirts are not permitted.